• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Question For the FOGs

gr8full2day

FNG in Training
I was reading a couple of the current active passes and something stuck out to me. I first of all do not want this post to be misconstrued as ANYTHING OTHER THAN A QUESTION to the FOG's!! I believe I have always been told the etiquette for P/Ts was ISOM for ISOM and then Value for value..i.e. a $5 ISOM removed would "require" an ISOM return, not a very nice Domestic of possibly more than the $5. I am in a current pass and I sure do not wish to "short" change anyone, I am asking for a ruling from up on high... :D ...or down low depending on one's perspective I guess...So back to my question...

Does placing a $10 domestic back for taking an ISOM of say $8 msrp equal a square deal? Is the accesibility of the smoke also a component of the actual value? These questions were probably addressed previously at multiple times by a multitude of folks. Just one more answer would suffice for this newbie. I have an opinion, but I wish to be given actual experience, strength, and hope from the FOG's, please!!!!

P.S. This is not about any specific current pass or past pass. It is simply a question that seems to need an answer. Thanks!!

IMO, it would be up to the pass host to decide the answer. No need to make it more complicated than that.

I agree with Allofus 100%.

It would depend on the situation and I would PM the pass host.

Phil

I agree with Kenny 100% I had thought about that same question with a pass I was thinking about starting. For instance, most of you guys know I'm not a big fan of the high end Fuentes and if I were to start a pass with some of them and someone wanted to put a $10.00 Havana and take an Anejo I'd be happy as can be :thumbs:

coventrycat86 said:
if I were to start a pass with some of them and someone wanted to put a $10.00 Havana and take an Anejo I'd be happy as can be :thumbs:

Oh yeah, that's a big 10-4 good buddy, what CC said!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

I host one box pass a year, and have participated in dozens.

IMHO taking an ISOM requires putting back another ISOM. Pretty simple.

Don't take what you can't put back.

coventrycat86 said:
I agree with Kenny 100% I had thought about that same question with a pass I was thinking about starting. For instance, most of you guys know I'm not a big fan of the high end Fuentes and if I were to start a pass with some of them and someone wanted to put a $10.00 Havana and take an Anejo I'd be happy as can be :thumbs:
Ya I agree (even though I love my anejo's) but that is the exact opposite than what has been said.

LOL!!!

Ya I agree (even though I love my anejo's) but that is the exact opposite than what has been said.
LOL!!!
Well, if I ever do this pass, I'll state that as one of the rules "Feel free to take any high end Fuente/Padron and put a Havana" but generally this is true:
IMHO taking an ISOM requires putting back another ISOM. Pretty simple.

While I agree with Kenny in part, (...ask the pass host....) because they started the pass, I believe the ISOM for ISOM standard should be adhered to. I believe you set a dangerous presedent allowing otherwise.

You asked! :sign:

Floyd T. :sign:

In general, Havana for Havana, BUT, if the pass originator stated UP FRONT (i.e. before the pass began) that is was proper to exchange non-Havanas for Havanas, then I'd say no problem. The area gets a little grey if the rules change mid-stream, since, while the originator is the final judge and jury, other people along the way are affected.

I agree, the first step is to get definition of pass requirements from pass originator. AND, everyone in the pass must realize and except pass originators wishes!!! I hate it when a pass is started and people are signed up and then during the pass they complain about a play that the originator stated in his opening rules was OK.

IMHO, I don't get all hot about ISOMs, I mean like anything else there are some that I really like (Partagas and H.Upmann), so I would start a pass with it being known that you could replace ISOM with a high end smoke.

Knowing this is usually not the traditional view I always assume ISOM for ISOM or I ask the guy/gal who started the pass.

:sign: :sign: :sign:

gr8full2day said:
I first of all do not want this post to be misconstrued as ANYTHING OTHER THAN A QUESTION to the FOG's!!

Since I am relatively new to this board, I will respect your wishes and withold my humble and apparently, meaningless, opinion. :D :sign:

Do you really want me to answer this question????? ;)

Phil said:
coventrycat86 said:

LOL!!!
Actually no one has said anything about that scenario...everyone has commented on what an accurate "put" is when "taking" an ISOM. Not what an accurate "put" is when taking a high end Fuente.LOL :)

Allofus123 said:
IMO, it would be up to the pass host to decide the answer. No need to make it more complicated than that.
Agreed. In my current pass, I've seen trades that aren't even remotely comparable in terms of value, but the participants are following my directions, so it's all good.