• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A short video creating a box of Cohibas at El Laguito cigar factory

ELittle

Snowman Cage Inventor
So I was looking at this page and ran across a video link from youtube. This is a link to the page with the video on it: Cohiba Gran Reserva

This is a direct link to the youtube video: You Tube Video link

I was watching this and got to the last 30 seconds or so of the video, where the lady boxing the cigars puts the corona especiales into cellophane sleeves then into a 25 count box. I have never seen cello on cohibas before.

Anyone have any idea if this is a fake video or what that's all about?

What was the answer? I noticed the bands didn't say "Havana, Cuba" at the bottom.

Copied from the comments on the youtube link

This is incorrect. While no hand-made Habano is packaged with cellophane today both the Cuban Cohiba Coronas and Coronas Especiales were hand-made and packaged with cellophane in the late 80s & early 90s according to MRN's Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Post-Revolution Havana Cigars.
The Cohiba Coronas bands of that time also had the three lines of white dots and no "La Habana, Cuba" lettering. That band became a very faked band in the following years.

Interesting. Thanks for the copy & paste! :D

Thought the video and clothes looked "old", but I have no idea what Cubans are wearing anyhow.

-John

yeah sorry I should have posted the answer, lol. They are OLD! :)