• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A slightly different type of cigar review

BrownDevil

BOTL
So midnight rolls around, and I felt like having a smoke. The CAO Sopranos Boss that a sweetheart of a BOTL sent over has been calling my name all week, so I thought what the hell, tonight's as good a night as any. But, couple issues come to mind. It actually DOES get cold in Arizona, and tonight was about 39º out and since I don't smoke in the casa, I figured I'd turn my Weber into a fire pit. I needed something hot to drink so a pot of Jerry's java got to brewing, and off I went to the driveway.

Phone rings...

Shit! This could only be one person :0 My ol' buddy D.U.I. (pronounced Dewey). You can probably guess how he got that nickname :laugh: He just got done webcam'ing and playing pocket pool with his old lady so I guess he figured he'd come over and annoy me at this hour of the night. He said he was fresh out of cigars so I was kind enough to gift him one of my favorite Roly #4 yard gars for his smoking pleasure. Not quite a dog rocket, but at a $1.20 a stick, if he had any complaints I would have just suggested he just sit and watch me smoke :cool:

SO...I fire up this big torpedo and right off the bat there was tons of smoke! Draw was very nice and the burn was even from beginning to end. Not 5 minutes into my smoke, D.U.I. wants to know what kind of food I had in the house since he obviously just worked up an appetite on the computer and had no food at his house. He looked hungry so I hooked him up since his ex-fiancé’s parents came by his house over the weekend while he was at work and repossessed his refrigerator :laugh: :laugh: Still, my pity for him only runs so deep. After listening to him piss and moan about this broad for the last 6 months...I did the good friend thing and told him if he wasn't in love with her, he should just dump the stupid firecrotch (she was a redhead) ??? . But not having the smarts to end things in an amicable way, he pissed her and her parents off to the point where all he has left in his house is his bed, a couch, 2 ferrets, and a washer & dryer that he has no clue how to operate :rolleyes:

My cigar wasn't impressing me much sad to say :( No complexity at all, and this thing was definitely on the super mild side. I used to consider myself quite the CAO whore, but this one was a little disappointing. I give it a rating of 2 out of 5 stars. I'll give the other Sopranos stick a shot and hope for the best.

Cheers :thumbs:

Thought that Boss is really good, hmm... maybe it was all your friends fault and You were not able to focus on this smoke, hm? :)

Just smoked one myself Sunday during the AFC championship, that a BOTL gifted me and thought it was a good smoke and have had other Soprano's Boss before and always a good smoke. Then again that is why we are all different. We all may have different tastes in smokes, sorry to hear you were disappointed.

Fantastic review, maybe my favorite of any to date. I laughed my ass off the entire time and decided to highlight a few of my favorite lines.... BTW, 2 ferrets??? lol that is so random, I love it. :laugh: :laugh:

Phone rings...
He just got done webcam'ing and playing pocket pool with his old lady so I guess he figured he'd come over and annoy me at this hour of the night.
I did the good friend thing and told him if he wasn't in love with her, he should just dump the stupid firecrotch (she was a redhead) ???
But not having the smarts to end things in an amicable way, he pissed her and her parents off to the point where all he has left in his house is his bed, a couch, 2 ferrets, and a washer & dryer that he has no clue how to operate :rolleyes:

Great review, sorry you were disappointed. I intend to try one of these Sopranos one day.

Ken

Either your palate was off (and I mean really really off) or you got a dud.

Mild and Tame are not words to be used to describe the Soprano cigars.

Regardless, lol nice review!

Either your palate was off (and I mean really really off) or you got a dud.

Mild and Tame are not words to be used to describe the Soprano cigars.

Regardless, lol nice review!

Well that's a relief. I sure hope it was just a dud because I heard these guys were not tame in the slightest :blush:

i believe i tapped out before the last third on the last sopranos cigar i had :rolleyes:

Hmm, a BOTL right here in Hell-a-zona. I'm really close to you. Maybe we should have a herfing event someday. The Soprano IMO was really good....not quite worth what I paid but not bad.

edited for grammar

Yeah, it was a hell of an event :laugh: I'll give it a shot again and post hopefully a better review next time :whistling:

Hmm, a BOTL right ere n Hell-a-zona. I'm really close to you. Maybe we should have a herfing event someday. The Soprano IMO was really good....not quite worth what I paid but not bad.

East Valley huh? I was over in East Mesa off 60 & Ellsworth for the last few years, but now off Hunt Highway & Gary in Queen Creek.
We're trying to get a poker game going so count yourself in if you're up to it.

:thumbs:

By poker that means he is trying to entice you into playing Swords.... also known as tummy sticks... aka rubbing weiners :sign:

Hmm, a BOTL right ere n Hell-a-zona. I'm really close to you. Maybe we should have a herfing event someday. The Soprano IMO was really good....not quite worth what I paid but not bad.

East Valley huh? I was over in East Mesa off 60 & Ellsworth for the last few years, but now off Hunt Highway & Gary in Queen Creek.
We're trying to get a poker game going so count yourself in if you're up to it.

:thumbs:
[/quote]

Everybody lives over there now! Still, I'm not too far...Ironwood north of the 60. Poker huh? Well, I've probably only played 5 hands in my whole life...

Well, we also smoke cigars too so no worries about the poker :thumbs:

At the very least you can see my boy D.U.I. in action :laugh:

Alright then, I'm down. As long as my schedule permits (and the wife as well) just PM me and let me know whenever you are getting together. Thanks for the invitation.

:sign: Just ran across this thread, and I have to say it is quite amusing! Don't we all have a friend like that! *cough Nick cough* :laugh: I am just kidding.

I also did not care for the sopranos cigars that much. I never bought a BOSS because the soldiers were expensive enough and I did not like them. I wasn't going to spend the money on the BOSS and figured I wouldn't care for it either. Maybe if I can get my hands on one a little cheaper I will give it a shot.

Brandon