• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Stroke of Good Luck!

gunsandcigars88

Reaction score
I went to the B&M tonight that rebelherfer had posted about that was selling off estate pipes and lots of tobacco for hte co owner. Quite a few nice looking pipes, but unfortunately the owner was not one to worry about keeping the rim of the bowl nice and new looking. Every pipe had bad burn marks on the rims, so I didn't buy any pipes. But the tobacco selection was out of this world. Probably 150 tins of tobacco, and maybe 15 mason jars. The newer stuff was a couple tins of recent Christmas Cheer, but most of the tobacco was from early 90's. I was able to score several cans of 2003 Christmas Cheer and a 2002 tin at great prices. Unfortunately the rest of the tobacco's were priced quite high. Higher than I was willing to pay. Otherwise I would have come back with a couple tins of vintage Nightcap.
B

You worry about burn marks on the rim? I smoke my pipes outdoors and lighting in the wind assures I'm going to get burn marks. I find it adds character to the pipe.

Nice find on the tobacco however :thumbs:

I've read that if the rim is still glossy, the char can be removed. I just hate to ask another man for a rim job. :sign:

You worry about burn marks on the rim? I smoke my pipes outdoors and lighting in the wind assures I'm going to get burn marks. I find it adds character to the pipe.

Well, a couple of mine that I smoke outside have a little bit. I understand and don't mind a little bit, but these were so bad that the entire rim was charred. Absolutely destroyed some beautiful pipes.
B

Well, a couple of mine that I smoke outside have a little bit. I understand and don't mind a little bit, but these were so bad that the entire rim was charred. Absolutely destroyed some beautiful pipes.
B

Thanks for the post. I was very excited when I saw the pics, but worried when I realized that the guy making the offer wasn't a pipe smoker... for precisely this kind of reason. From a photo you can't tell a bit of rim tar from some serious rim char! Tar you can deal with, char is forever... so I can sleep better knowing that I did the right thing moving along... Good deal with the baccy, enjoy!