• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A sub-forum for regional groups?

badhangover

Could there be a feature added for localized groups to be able to correspond with each other? Something like a group texting (PM'ing, in this case) or a sub-forum within the event forum? Lots of groups get together on a semi-regular basis, but I'm thinking something more casual. Something that wouldn't require advance notice and group agreement. Just to be able to post from work, "Hey, I'm gonna hit up ------- after work for a cigar, who wants to go?", and have that hit its targeted audience for certain if they log on that day.

The So Cal locals have grown so much, I think a quick notice feature might help the various regions get together within their respective regions a lil' more often. The LA County crew, OC crew and IE crew.

Is this possible? Is this already a feature and I just can't figure it out? It's currently kinda a pain to CC/BC every individual member you wanna get a hold of instead of just going to a "LA Crew" group PM/sub-forum for a last minute smoke and a beer announcement.

Thank you for your attention. :thumbs:

Thought about it in the past, however I don't want to over populate the community with a bunch of sub-forums. I know other forums have a sub-forum for every state - doesn't make much sense. Better to just keep an eye on the HERF section and communicate that way. If I were to create sub-forums for So Cal, then I'd have to do it for the rest of the world.

What about being able to create PM groups so that you can easily send communications to a defined set of members?

Thought about it in the past, however I don't want to over populate the community with a bunch of sub-forums. I know other forums have a sub-forum for every state - doesn't make much sense. Better to just keep an eye on the HERF section and communicate that way. If I were to create sub-forums for So Cal, then I'd have to do it for the rest of the world.

I agree completely. Honestly, CP probably has too many sub-forums already.

Badhangover, why not just post a thread in the HERF section any time you want to arrange or join a meet-up?

I agree completely. Honestly, CP probably has too many sub-forums already.

Badhangover, why not just post a thread in the HERF section any time you want to arrange or join a meet-up?

Is Monday good for you?