• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A thank you to all those who have served

saltypete

Reaction score
Its ANZAC Day here in the antipodes a public holiday but a solemn and dignified day also. I put on my Grandad's medals and attended the dawn service at 4:50am and afterward joined the ex-servicemen and RSL members to 'splice the mainbrace' (I hate rum, but hey its a tradition). Then at 11:00am there is another service followed by the march. This year we were treated to a P-51 (has there ever been a more beautiful airplane?) performing a series of low passes over town and a formation of Huey's doing a flypast.
Every year I reflect on those who have served and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. So to all CP members who have served or are currently serving, I thank you for your dedication to keeping us safe and free.

Lest we Forget.

Pete

Very well put Pete. Without the Veterans you couldn't observe any other holiday.

+1

I've seen too many classmates come home in a manner other than they left, and I thank those serving every day for defending my freedoms. I may not agree with every war, but that will never stop me from standing behind those risking it all so my family and I can be safe in our homes.

Thank you!

I too would like to thank all who are serving or have served. Without you none of us would have the freedoms we enjoy.