• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A thought about Lifting the Embargo of ISOM's

broblues

planning and plotting
We all know the history of the embargo, probably most of us don't see the need for it to continue. I am wondering if the manufacturers that were nationalized and then moved to other countries to continue their trade, now are lobbiests against lifting the embargo in order to eliminate the competition from ISOM cigars. What do you guys think? It makes sense to me.

That is a very good possiblity. I feel that it is time to lift the embargo. If we can trade with Vietnam and China what is the big deal about ISOM? However, as I have read here, I do believe the quality of the ISOM product will drop with the increase in demand. I think they will get in a rush to increase their production that QA is going to suffer. I am sure after a year or more the quality will come back.

On another note, I have had many domestic cigars that I feel are better than many of the ISOM products. I have not tried that many ISOM, but I have not experienced anything that knocked my socks off. They were all good, just nothing that special. If anyone wants to knock my socks off please feel free to PM me.

Johnny

A classmate of mine is doing a research paper on the embargo. I was very interested to talk with him about it brainstorm because my family is Cuban, me being second generation. His paper is more on limiting the length of embargo's but is using he embargo on Cuba as his example A.

I think your theory is perfectly sound. It makes total sense. They were exiled, now they have the business market narrowed and opening up to Cuban factories would take away from their business!

Makes sense to me!

We don't want the embargo to end. It would be a disaster for American cigar smokers. Every swinging dick newbie in the US would buy one making them scarce and causing a shortage.Commies aren't very good at dealing with that. Quality would suffer. We'd be screwed for 3 to 5 yrs. What we want is for the embargo not to be enforced.;)
Doc.

We don't want the embargo to end. It would be a disaster for American cigar smokers. Every swinging dick newbie in the US would buy one making them scarce and causing a shortage.Commies aren't very good at dealing with that. Quality would suffer. We'd be screwed for 3 to 5 yrs. What we want is for the embargo not to be enforced.;)
Doc.
My thoughts exactly.

Doc.

You sound like you grow pot in California.

Doc.
How will you know when that situation has occured?

Doc.

Some folks just aren't cut out to be criminals.:rolleyes:

Doc.

I've said it before, "IF" the embargo were to be lifted I'd be hoarding all the NC's I could get my hands on while the new cigar boom decimates the CC market and quality goes down the tubes. Then, 5~7 years later when the CC market is just about caught up and all the newbs have found something else to spend their money on, I'll buy some.

Doc.

Some folks just aren't cut out to be criminals.:rolleyes:

Doc.

So, what do you mean by that?

It means, if I have to explain it to you, maybe, just maybe, you're not cut out to be an outlaw.

Doc.

That's what I thought. Someday maybe you will know who I am.
Or maybe not.

As of right now Cuba dosent have the amount of cigars to supply the US and Europe if the embargo is lifted. Jose Padron once let slip that he sells 47% of his tobacco to Cuba. Cuba has a lot of financial issues and the farmers are not getting the supplies they need. Remove the embargo and the mystery of the CC is also lifted and people will discover construction issues and high prices of these cigars. I doubt cigar makers outside of Cuba are doing something to thwart the lifting of the embargo because the big cigar families all came from Cuba and would like to get their fields back (Torano is probably the most vocal about this). As much as I like a good CC, I think Nicaraguan tobacco is the best tobacco there is and the best constructed cigars come from the big three: DR, Honduras, and Nicaragua.

Q1qq11qqqqq1qqqq1qqqqq1qq1q11111. what I thought. You know Doc, maybe someday you'll know me. Maybe.

What I don't understand Doc, is if this is for education, enjoyment common intetest sharing, why are people so unwelcoming? Why are you upset? How does a person get to know people on this board if you can't ask questions? As an fog, please explain. Thanks

That's what I thought. Someday maybe you will know who I am.
Or maybe not.

Q1qq11qqqqq1qqqq1qqqqq1qq1q11111. what I thought. You know Doc, maybe someday you'll know me. Maybe.

We're going to have trouble with you, aren't we? Mine as well get it over with now.

Doc.

What I don't understand Doc, is if this is for education, enjoyment common intetest sharing, why are people so unwelcoming?

Why are you beating around the bush asking Doc "why people are so unwelcoming" when you really mean him? I'm no FOG, but I'll tell you this, this board has seen many a newb blow up and emotionally attack other respected members on this board just because they felt they didn't get the answer they deserved.

Why are you upset?

He's not the one posting shit like "Q1qq11qqqqq1qqqq1qqqqq1qq1q11111", you are. How old are you?

How does a person get to know people on this board if you can't ask questions? As an fog, please explain. Thanks

I really want you to step away from the computer, throw your ego out the back door, and re-approach this thread, trust me. Lose the attitude, calm down and get back to reading some of the other embargo threads.

I often wonder why a newb would come in here after only being around a month, and choose to act in this manner? I am a noob, yet I never acted in this manner, why must you?

-Jimmy

As of right now Cuba dosent have the amount of cigars to supply the US and Europe if the embargo is lifted. Jose Padron once let slip that he sells 47% of his tobacco to Cuba. Cuba has a lot of financial issues and the farmers are not getting the supplies they need. Remove the embargo and the mystery of the CC is also lifted and people will discover construction issues and high prices of these cigars. I doubt cigar makers outside of Cuba are doing something to thwart the lifting of the embargo because the big cigar families all came from Cuba and would like to get their fields back (Torano is probably the most vocal about this). As much as I like a good CC, I think Nicaraguan tobacco is the best tobacco there is and the best constructed cigars come from the big three: DR, Honduras, and Nicaragua.

Two things... First - oh yeah? And B - if they have so many financial problems, how are they buying so much Padron tobacco?