• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Tremendous Disappointment...

MiamiCubano

El Martillo (My Boxing Name)
Ok, so I just got back from NYC last night and, among other things/events, while there I went to Alfred Dunhill's on 5th Avenue. The store and the humidor were aesthetically very pleasing. However, when I walked into the 2nd floor humidor, I was suddenly hit with a horrible musty, damp odor. My wife and the couple we were with noticed it right away as well.

Next, the cigars. I was pleased to see many brands you don't come across too often. However, masses upon masses of them were unravelling! Worse yet, were the presence of many tiny holes all over many (and I mean many) of the cigars I picked up. Holes! Yes, you guessed it - holes means beetles.

I pointed this out to the snooty sales rep who had ventured into the humidor to "assist" me. He could have cared less. In fact, he acted as if I were merely pointing out that some of the bands had shifted slightly to the left or weren't aligned properly. He acted as if it were nothing serious at all. I could not believe it and I was seriously disappointed in this place, particularly given the "legendary" status it is supposed to have.

However, I must say that my trip to Nat Sherman's was amazing. It is an incredible little shop with an amazing selection and outstanding service. My hat is off to Nat Sherman's and I even picked up a couple of boxes from them - a brand I have not traditionally spent alot of time with.

In any case, I just wanted to share my disappointment with others and see if, perhaps, anyone else had a similar experience there (at either Dunhill or Nat Sherman's for that matter).

Take care everyone.

That is amazing. Beyond preposterous. How does Dunhill's get off on that?

At least Nat's was good!

If idiots will still buy from them, then why sink $$ into changing it? ???

Snobby vendors can take one of those dirty unraveling dog rockets and stick it where the sun don't shine. I have no problems taking my business elsewhere.