• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aberfeldy 21

indyrob

You smell like my sausage!
I got this bottle a few weeks back and had been waiting for a chance to open it when life had calmed down a little. I'm extremely impressed with Aberfeldy as a whole, and this bottle is one of the best. 

Pour was a clean amber color, not light and not dark. No ice or splash of water needed.

Nose is orange-honey with the alcohol settling down a little after a 10 minute rest before drinking.

Tastes are very honey-ed and I have heard it said that it's very heathery too but I'd be damned if I get that. Spice does follow the drink down but not at all the center of taste- Citrus and spice steal the show. 

Dbl thumbs up. If you have the chance to try this offering from Aberfeldy, do it. I gaurantee that you won't be disappointed.

only 14 views with no replies???

I guess it's not that popular.

Never had it before, sure sounds good though I might have to hunt one down whats the MSRP?

I've had the 12, never the 21. I'll keep an eye out for it.

$150 at my local here . . . how does the 12 compare?

I think I'd like to check out the distillery's flavor profile in a somewhat more modest bottling before pulling THAT trigger.

~Boar

$150 at my local here . . . how does the 12 compare?

I think I'd like to check out the distillery's flavor profile in a somewhat more modest bottling before pulling THAT trigger.  

~Boar
I have gone through more bottles of the 12 than any other Scotch...if that's any indication. 

Nice review Rob, I've never had this one. I wonder how it compares to Dewar's Signature?

Nice review Rob, I've never had this one. I wonder how it compares to Dewar's Signature?
That's a good question. That's a bottle I have been eyeballing for awhile...have the Dewars 12 Special Reserve but not the Signature. 

I have consumed close to 1/2 bottle of Signature on my last 2 trips to Las Vegas and have nothing but good things to say. If you're really considering a bottle buy with confidence.

It's funny you mentioned Dewar's 12 as that is the one that got me started.

Don't really know why, but as the bottle empties other flavors are becoming more noticable.

Namely Salt. Not an over abundance of it but it does have a slightly salt taste way in the back.

Is that normal? I'm wondering if the extra air space is having an effect.

Air does have an effect over time but how you perceive that effect is up to you. A decrease in alcohol will be noticed if the seal isn't good over a long period of time.

I was kind of thinking that, but had to ask. Thanks Ray.