• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

? about some Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva

JTuttle

I know this going to be a Dumb question
I got these 2 Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva they look different and I would like to know the difference

1. Cronona size with rounded head has Connecticut wrap with wood wrapped around it with gold ring around the foot

2. Robusto size with torpedo head has Connecticut wrap with wood wrapped around it with black ring around the foot

I do not know how to put pictures up so hope that is enough information

Thx

Ring around the base of the band, or ribbon around the foot of the cigar? Generally, with AF the black ribbon is code for their sungrown wrapper, maduros have a red ribbon, and Connecticutt shade is a light green. I've never seen a gold one.

~Boar

gold could be light green... is there different names for them or something?

Yeah. Send robbiex0r a PM. He has a pretty extensive Fuente collection, and can probably point you in the rght direction.

Ring around the base of the band, or ribbon around the foot of the cigar? Generally, with AF the black ribbon is code for their sungrown wrapper, maduros have a red ribbon, and Connecticutt shade is a light green. I've never seen a gold one.

~Boar

My Maduro's have a light green, but then again, they are Chateau Vintage, not Gran Reserva.
cs-afa.jpg

~Boar

My Maduro's have a light green, but then again, they are Chateau Vintage, not Gran Reserva.
cs-afa.jpg

What he means is the ribbon colors wrapped around the cedar, not the color at the bottom of the band.

Like this:
afpic.jpg

Yes like the ones in Q_the_Cop Sorry so wish I knew how to throw pictures up here. I have learned my lesson to ask what exactly things are when I buy them.

Yes like the ones in Q_the_Cop Sorry so wish I knew how to throw pictures up here. I have learned my lesson to ask what exactly things are when I buy them.

This might make things a bit clearer. (Taken from epinions)

Now, take note that there are three different types of Fuente Royal Salutes out there. First of all, there is the Standard Grand Reserve Royal Salute which is a Cameroon Wrapper and has the A. Fuente band with a green label on the bottom and comes packaged in plastic with a cedar lining around the cigar with a green ribbon at the foot. The second is the Chateau Fuente Royal Salute which has an Ecuadorian wrapper. It has a black label at the bottom of the band and is packaged identically to the standard but with a black ribbon at the foot. The last brother of the family is the Chateau Fuente Royal Salute Sun Grown. This cigar is my favorite in the series and is packaged identically to the Chateau Fuente Royal Salute but has different wording on the box, so pay close attention when shopping.

I know what they are now thx all. robbiex0r Figured it out for me

Double Chateau Fuente and Chateau Cuban Belicose

THx again all

See I told you that robbie guy was the bees knees. Did he send you any opus yet?

Now, take note that there are three different types of Fuente Royal Salutes out there. First of all, there is the Standard Grand Reserve Royal Salute which is a Cameroon Wrapper and has the A. Fuente band with a green label on the bottom and comes packaged in plastic with a cedar lining around the cigar with a green ribbon at the foot. The second is the Chateau Fuente Royal Salute which has an Ecuadorian wrapper. It has a black label at the bottom of the band and is packaged identically to the standard but with a black ribbon at the foot. The last brother of the family is the Chateau Fuente Royal Salute Sun Grown. This cigar is my favorite in the series and is packaged identically to the Chateau Fuente Royal Salute but has different wording on the box, so pay close attention when shopping.
[/quote]

There is no Cameroon wrapper on the Royal Salute or the Chateau Series. Green Ribbon= Connecticut, either shade or broadleaf maduro. Black Ribbon= Ecuadorian Sumatra (sungrown)

There is no Cameroon wrapper on the Royal Salute or the Chateau Series. Green Ribbon= Connecticut, either shade or broadleaf maduro. Black Ribbon= Ecuadorian Sumatra (sungrown)

What would you know, Jake? :whistling: :laugh:

You gotta get over to Springfield to visit Christian again, it's been too long. Next time you're here the first drink is on me!