• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Accident!

christ0pher

hispanohablante
well, I was moving my small 50 count humi, and i had a shot glass of water in it. I did my best to hold it still and level, but i clipped the side of a shelf..so when i set it down and opened it, some water (not all) had spilled inside.. (took about 5 sec to open it up)

there were soem gars in it, so i took everything out and wiped the water off of the affected ones with a towel, and then wiped the water out of the humi..it wasn't much, maybe 1/2 a tablespoon in all...are those cigars ruined?

is the humi ruined?

Total elapsed time that the water was on the surface was about 15 seconds.

christ0pher said:
there were soem gars in it, ...are those cigars ruined?

is the humi ruined?

Total elapsed time that the water was on the surface was about 15 seconds.
[snapback]158537[/snapback]​

I don't think those cigars are ruined, albeit I don't know what soem cigars are :) , and certainly the humi is not. It may be better off with some moisture in the wood. The wrapper may loosen up a bit, but there are ways to correct that (see some of the previous threads).

Why a shot glass? Get some foam or some other absorbent material. Open water containers are an invitation to disaster, plus not very effective because the surface area is limited.

I don't know if anyone has told you this, but I am the official CP inspector. Now, I need you to mail the cigars to the Snailer on my profile, and we will let you know the results. Thanks, and have a nice day! :cool:

All joking aside, what kinds were they?

shot glass was because i had left the humi open for a couple hours on accident, and i was putting that in there for tonight so the humidor could "catch up" perhaps. (I was going to take it out tomorrow morning) I alreadyhave some foam in there, waiting for my beeds to ship.

the cigars were nothing special.
IIRC,

Por Larranaga H 2000 Corona Larga(non isom)
La estrella cubana corona extra rosado
Cu Avana Churchill
Punch Punch (non isom)

nothing special at all.

Thanks!

edit, on=in

I would think everything will be fine, you just might get a little water stain in the bottom of the humi...at least if you do, everytime you look at it you will be reminded to remove the glass before moving the humidor. :)

The humi will be fine. Lay the cigars on the top level on top of all other cigars with the side that got wet up. The highest point in the humi sis the dryest and the cigars will dry out quicker if they are not in contact with other cigars. Also the moisture will not transfer to other smokes. Overall everything will be OK.