• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Across The Universe

Robbmt

Thermal UP!!!!!!
I just bought my copy. This one definitely belongs in my library. I did not live the 60's but had my share of bohemian experiences.

This movie is filmed like Moulin Rouge, where the actors are singing and using the verses from the songs for their communication or to enhance what is going on around them. THEY ARE ALL BEATLES SONGS!!!!
Many of the songs have had the musical arrangement paired down to minimal standards so that the voices could carry more. Remember, not all the songs are sung in the style we all know from the recordings, these lyrics become the basis for the action and dialogue of the scenes. THIS MOVIE ROCKS!! I think it is up for Emmy's for Best Movie and Best Costumes. Joe Cocker still sounds awesome and Bono does a great job with his charachter. Anyone in New York had a chance to see Dana Fuchs band live?

Totally agree! :thumbs:

I saw this in the theater a couple of months ago and immediately went out and bought the deluxe edition soundtrack.

Before seeing the flick, I had my doubts about the music -- I mean, how can anyone improve on the Beatles? But I was hooked after the first 30 seconds with Jim Sturgess singing "Girl". All of the music is absolutely phenomenal! A few Beatles tunes that I had never really cared for are now some of my favorites: "Dear Prudence" and "I've Just Seen a Face" are the two that immediately come to mind.

My two sons, ages 14 and 16, love this film as well. Who would have guessed?

If you haven't seen this movie -- you're missing out!