• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures in DIY

PetersCreek

Codger-in-training
I finally reached a milestone in our master bath remodeling project: the shower area is pretty much done. The last obstacle to putting the shower back in business was the shower door I installed today. After, the silicone bead cures overnight, we can shower upstairs again. Next week, I get to start on replacing the whirlpool tub.

Sorta before (I got started before thinking to take a pic)...

376524186_voMmn-L.jpg

After...

460994974_hVaJJ-L.jpg

Nice job! I have to ask, why didn't you run the tile all the way to the ceiling?

As a DIY myself, I love to see what other's have got going on. Very nice work my friend...

C'mon, what was wrong with the old shower's tile? :sign:

Nice work. This sounds like a good idea for one of our ongoing threads, like the "what are you reading" or "what do you drive" ones. We need a, "What's your latest DIY project".

Good work man! I don't have the patience or the know how to undertake one of those projects! I applaud you for your valiance!

Nice job! I have to ask, why didn't you run the tile all the way to the ceiling?

Thanks! We considered tiling all the way up...heck, I even contemplated tiling the ceiling, too. But the ceiling is vaulted, so we weren't sure it would scale properly with the rest of the room or that we would like it.

That looks exactly like our master bathroom shower. I need to kick myself in the ass to get the bathroom complete, thanks for the motivation!

If your master bath shower looks like the first pic, I'm surprised the missus isn't kicking you in the ass on a daily basis. :laugh:

Nice job. I've been tileing like crazy myself, kitchen backsplash and front bathroom, getting the house ready for Swissy's visit :laugh: .

I spent today moving a dryer in the laundry room, ran 220v and installing proper ventilation.

:cool:

Very nice. Been busy myself.

Recently turned this...

bath.jpg

into this

bathnew.jpg

bathnew2.jpg

Had to bust out a few walls to increase the size and rearrange the plumbing, but for a low budget job, Im pleased.

I like threads like these because I am formulating plans to redo my bathroom as well as my kitchen. I just wish my work allowed photo bucket pictures to load.

I like threads like these because I am formulating plans to redo my bathroom as well as my kitchen. I just wish my work allowed photo bucket pictures to load.

How's your dad, Matt?

If your master bath shower looks like the first pic, I'm surprised the missus isn't kicking you in the ass on a daily basis. :laugh:

Hell, she's the one who wanted me to start it, then couldn't friggin' decide how she wanted it done. It's on her, LOL, in my opinion.

Brett, I have some experience with that type of shower head. Hope to heck you have a big hot water heater, or an on demand.

BTW, great job. Tiling only LOOKs easy.

Very nice. Been busy myself.
Nice job! That shower wall tile looks purt-near identical to the 6" tile we used on our kitchen backsplash.

Brett, I have some experience with that type of shower head. Hope to heck you have a big hot water heater, or an on demand.
Hot water has never been a problem at our house. We have two 40-gallon, gas-fired water heaters. Now if we only had better pressure upstairs...

BTW, great job. Tiling only LOOKs easy.
Thanks...and ain't that the truth. Fortunately, I found an out-fuggin-standing website put together by a professional mud man: John Bridge Ceramic Tile. If only I'd found it a little sooner, I would have installed the newer Kerdi shower system. Oh...and if you have the Tile 1-2-3 book from Home Depot...throw it away.

It just occurred to me that the two pictures I posted leave a lot of work to the imagination. To see a few more in-progess pictures, take a look at my Project Gallery.