• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

adventures with Fundadores

Fyodor

... and great food! The wife made some fajitas that were out of this world, I'll never understand how she can work such miracles with such common ingredients. So after the wonderful meal I smoked a '98 Fundadore which I received from a most generous brother of this board and matched it with my favorite beverage wine. No, I didn't drink Lafitte, which this cigar would have been worthy of, just a humble Rosenblum Mourvedre and then an even more humble Coppola Rosso. Alas, I have to keep my priorities straight, I want my daughter to go to a good college.

First, an awesomely generous brother here sent me some 2000 Fundies and then this guy sent me some 98's. I was surprised at how different these cigars were. The 2000's were a golden color and the 98's were a rich brown. Neither of them are easy to describe but the 98's had more of the coffee flavor I have heard about. I like them both for different reasons and don't see one as better than the other. I am overjoyed at smoking some well aged cigars of some of Cuba's best.

It's been a totally enjoyable evening and I owe a big part of it to this awesome forum. Me and the wife had some great conversation reminiscing of days gone by, Grateful Dead tour among other things and our wacky adventures on the planet Earth in general. You guys are the best and I hope I deserve the great treatment I have received here. Thank you all very much!

The only problem with smoking a cigar like this is that I want more. This cigar lasted forever and all I can think of now is lighting up another. I think I will smoke a Padilla Miami Lancero next but it's no Cuban Fundadore and I'm sure to be a little disappointed.

-mark

That sounds like a great evening of fellowship as well as wine and cigars!! I just love those nights when you cant stop lighting up sticks. with your taste it seems it might get a little expensive though! :D Glad to hear you enjoyed it, and I hope you enjoy many more.

Brandon

The Fundadores i smoked from 10/98 was out of this world! After hearing your review i might have to pick up some more from a BOTL here.

-Zach

Sounds like an outstanding night, and sort of similar to the one I have planned for tommorow eveing. For my lady's birthday (today), I'm having a private chef come in and cook us a 5 course wine pairing in the house. Then, after dinner, a massage therapist is coming to the house to do a 1.5 hour full body massage/reflexology combination on her. That 1.5 hours will be spent smoking one of those 98 fundies.
CAN'T WAIT!

Sounds like an outstanding night, and sort of similar to the one I have planned for tommorow eveing. For my lady's birthday (today), I'm having a private chef come in and cook us a 5 course wine pairing in the house. Then, after dinner, a massage therapist is coming to the house to do a 1.5 hour full body massage/reflexology combination on her. That 1.5 hours will be spent smoking one of those 98 fundies.
CAN'T WAIT!

Love the ending. It looked like it was all your lady's day until reality hit home. :laugh:

Enjoy your day, especially your lady.

Brian

Damn smokelaw1 - don't let your message get in the hands of all the better half's on this board - You could get us all in some serious trouble :D - sounds like a really nice evening - enjoy

LOL. yeah, it's her day, but hell, it's still my weekend. I am having a hard time deciding what needs to get smoked that night. Depending on the temps, I might follow the 98 up with something else nice.

CAN'T WAIT!

Very nice indeed :thumbs:

All we have planned for wine tomorrow is working the bottling line for 8 hours. Bottling Syrah and Zinfandel ..... hmmmmmmm ..... I'll have to bring some cigars for the after party.

Last weekend I had a '98 Trini with the Grahams LBV Port, which didn't work very well for me.

:cool:

David,
Did that LBV completely overwhelm the sublties of the 98 trini?

Yup, but it also brought out a bitterness on the palate that wasn't all that pleasing. I switched to water early in the smoke but revisited the pairing a couple of times to see if it would change, it didn't.

David

The 98' Fundadore is one of my all time favorite smokes. I am smoking out of a box right now and have another one napping in the humi.

The best part about them is that the 98's can still be had for a pretty reasonable price.