• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Advice, Guidance, Direction, etc.......

gawntrail

CPers,

I am going to be off tomorrow (TH 04-22). My wife is going out of town for the day and I get to be Mr. Mom. So, I will hanging around the house.

I am really interested in making the 1st CP HERF a success. Golf is nearly set in stone and Cohiba Surfer is working on a site. So.........

I am going to spend my Mr. Mom day soliciting the cigar companies, distributers, and salespeople by email for some smokes for the LV HERF. I kinda know where to start (the guys that have websites) and I have unlimited long distance on my house phone. If you guys could, post up some ideas, or even contacts, websites, phone numbers (or PM me the phone numbers if you don't want to reveal your source in the open) and names.

A CAO sales rep will be in Fullerton, CA at a local smoke shop - about 30 minutes from my house. I might go out there to sample some smokes and hit 'em up in person.

I'm willing to devote this day for blitzing the web and phones for some smokes for the HERF. Let's take advantage of it and build a list I can hit hard.

Thanks in advance for the leads.

Self-HERFING and cigar soliciting Mr Mom for a day,

M. Gipson :thumbs:

I would try the guys that advertise here. Both N/C and ISOM sources. They have taken the extra step in being a part of this great site and would be more likely to help out (plus it's good advertisement for them)

OK,

Finished the first batch. Sent emails through websites to:

Cigars
CAO - Considering it
Davidoff
Padron
General Cigar
Torano
Indian Tabac
La Flor Dominicana
Cigar Family

Spirits
Kendal Jackson - wine
Grey Goose - vodka
Glen Fiddich - single malt scotch
Guigal - wine
Beringer - wine
Corazon - tequila
Ciroc - vodka

Cigar Retailers/etc...
cigar.com
JR Cigars - NO :(
Thompson Cigars - YES > 6 Boxes - received 4/29/2004 :thumbs:
Famous Smoke Shop
Cigar5Packs

Several 'other' vendors (4) - (1) Dialogue in progress

To be continued.......

M. Gipson

WoooooooooHoooooooo! :thumbs: (We need a smilie that does a cool dance!)

Got a couple of responses back!

CAO says they are considering our request. Sounded neutral, but who knows...They didn't say no :)

Thompson's says they are sending 6 boxes, (yes 6 boxes) of smokes! In return they want some pictures of us smoking their sticks and holding their boxes - I think the least we could do for their generousity. And, if we're not too ugly, they may even put some of the pics in a future catalog! :D

The seeds are starting to bear fruit. My wife is even excited :0

I will keep posting as I get responses.

Your Humble Servant,

M. Gipson :thumbs:

A couple more responses to report:

JR Cigars - NO. 'not at this time'.

1 'other' vendor - sending emails back and forth.

M. Gipson :)

Is it just me............or does there not seem to be very much interest in the HERF?

It's only 39 days away and it seems like nobody really give a rat's ass.........

Regardless............I'm excited :p

M. Gipson

CPers,

Got home from school today to take my son to his Baseball game (tied 1-1: He pitched the 3rd inning (2)Ks (1) 1-3 putout. He is only 8) and found 2 UPS overnight packages smoldering in my entry. My wife comes out of the kitchen in a Level 3 MOPP suit and tells me the cigars from Thompson showed up via Tampa, FL launched ICBM.

Good looking boxes. 6 of them to be exact + 100 catalogs. I have put them away in the humi awaiting the 3.5 hour trek across the desert to Las Vegas in 36 days. Can't wait to arrive and see some of the guys, smoke some stogies, and swing the sticks.

M. Gipson