• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Advice needed

Jeff1101

G21
Headed to Cozumel next week for a much needed vacation and had a few questions. Does anyone know of a reputable shop in Cozumel to purchase ISOM's from? I know that you are not to bring Cuban cigars back into the country but if they had the bands removed by mistake and were mixed with other cigar purchases would this be a problem? Also would it be a problem with me taking cigars to Mexico ISOM's included? I know the limits on how many I can bring back and also know that Mexico has a large number of fakes so any advice from travelers to Cozumel will be appreciated. Also post up on fun things to see or do I will be on the island for a week.

...I got nothin'...and ya suck for getting to go to Cozumel ;-) though I told you that last week LOL! Have a great time and I hope someone is able to help ya :)

Melly

I would suggest not buying ISOM's from there. You are most likely going to get fakes. I don't know of a reputable cigar shop there, and the question has come up many times. You should be safe taking your own cigars down there, which is what I would recommend. If you find something you want to try for a good price then go for it. I would just not count on them being authentic. Good luck and have fun! :thumbs:

Brandon

I couldn't find anything but fakes last time I was there.... Sorry

Don't bother buying anything from there. Unless you can find a La Casa Del Habano, you will most likely be buying fakes. As for bringing ISOMS or otherwise into mexico, I've never had an issue with that. Hell I bring my 15 ct caddy on the carry-on and not once have they looked in it. YMMV.

Stay in the resort and Do Not head into town.. The drug cartels are starting to target westerners. I cancelled a trip to Playa on the advice from a good friend at the DOJ. Most resorts now have top notch security though.

Stay in the resort and Do Not head into town.. The drug cartels are starting to target westerners. I cancelled a trip to Playa on the advice from a good friend at the DOJ. Most resorts now have top notch security though.

Thats a bummer. I was just in Monterrey all last week as well, didn't really get into town much, stayed near the plant. Didn't see anything too worrysome, but was in the plant till after 8 on most nights.