• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Advice....

toliver

Hypothetically speaking.....

If I were to package a little surprise for some BOTL or SOTL, how much weight, volume, mass ( in quantities) should it have?

I have been lurking for a while, posting occasionally, but never figured out how many are in a respectable........explosion!!

T.O.

Hypothetically I have done as few as 5 and as many as 25 with a bottle thrown in for good luck! Hope this helps.

give what you can and what you think someone would enjoy. Its not about a set amount, value...etc.

That's exactly why its not good form to post the contents of a bomb.

Hope this helps.

If I were to package a little surprise for some BOTL or SOTL, how much weight, volume, mass ( in quantities) should it have?

I have been lurking for a while, posting occasionally, but never figured out how many are in a respectable........explosion!!

T.O.

It doesn't matter. Be creative, but quantity/expense has no bearing on the thought. Be mindful however of who you are bombing. One bomb does not necessarily equal another. Bombing someone like Moki with Grape White Owls has a different impact, than Bombing someone else with them (Moki really likes those White Owls, or was it Moontraces?) :whistling:

I've been speared with a two pack and it was enough to knock me over. It depends on what you are sending but as BT says it is usually a fiver on up.

I got a single cigar bomb that floored me. I hung it over the mantle :laugh:

Doc.

It's not about the number or even quality bro. Give what you can if you want to. Nothing is expected here.

The thought counts most.

I would advise to put a little note inside, that's always my favorite part :)

It's not about the number or even quality bro. Give what you can if you want to. Nothing is expected here.

The thought counts most.

I would advise to put a little note inside, that's always my favorite part :)
...right answer. I always say "send what you like to smoke" as many times, the guy on the other end may end up with a new favorite. A couple of nice sticks and a nice note is a very welcome find in the mailbox..... :cool: As AVB mentioned, the "5-er" seems to be used pretty frequently, but no one is going to look down their nose at any sincere gesture of friendship you may choose to put in the mail.

It's for this reason that when received, listing the exact contents of a bomb is generally frowned on. It's good practice to acknowledge the bomb with a "thank you" or "that was incredible" or something along those lines. Because guys have very different collections, the contents and quantity of bombs are often very different. No one should feel "bad" for sending a guy a couple of great smokes just because someone else sent more, etc. SamClemmons said it far better and more eloquently than I can:

....Am I the only one that has issues with people saying exactly what was sent to them or what they sent? I think this is bad form. There was a time here and elsewhere when folks simply voiced there appreciation for an unexpected "bomb" by saying thank you and then qualifying their thank you with things like... I am floored . . . You were way to generous . . . I can never repay you . . . Are you insane. . . Above and beyond . . . Incredible. . . and the like to express their thoughts on the generosity of the sender.

The reason for the anonymity of the contents of a bomb or trade is really quite simple. There are folks who are more generous with some people than they are with others. There are people with deep pockets and those for whom the bottom line is much closer. Maybe a guy is friends with someone off line and decides to crush his friend with premium sticks or maybe he just likes someone and sends a little something. The point here is that if the contents of a bomb or trade is openly discussed it puts an unfair pressure on the sender or receiver to duplicate their generosity with the next guy.....

Have fun - B.B.S.

T.O.

Just send it to me and I'll judge if it's enough. :laugh:

I've done a Single Stick bomb and I'm sure the person was floored. I've done 2 stick bombs so I could send out 2 full boxes of smokes between 25 CP'ers. Others have been upto 20'ish sticks. A bomb is what you make of it and how generous YOU want it to be. Thats the fun of bombing. :D

Pardon me for piggybacking on the good advice already given...send what you can and would like yourself...and allow me to add this: don't be bashful about getting a little creative. For instance, one of our members is a smokemaster and has generously bombed folks with all manner of delicious meats. Me, I've been known to send out the odd non-cigar bomb or two. Honestly, I felt that my humi didn't have so much to offer at the time but I could certainly send something else unique. Besides, a change of pace is nice every once in a while.

The good folks here will appreciate anything you send.

you've heard from several folks that 1 stick is enough to overwhelm a target. I've sent as few as 2 to as many as about 30. Usually, a spread of 5 works. It really depends on what you're doing.

A Bomb is a package of cigars that has been sent to a person unsolicited and unannounced (although sometimes a warning or hint is given). They are a gift from one BOTL (Brother of the Leaf) to another.

When you hear guys around here talking about explodng mailboxes, they have fallen victim to a bomb.

Anything from one cigar to several boxes, it really doesn't matter. It's the gesture.