• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF Anejo 48

tolije

Reaction score
My palate is not fully mature so I cannot detect the subtle differences in taste from the 1st third to the end of a cigar. I only know what I like and don't. Yesterday, I went for a ride in the truck, specifically to enjoy a good smoke. It was raining and too cold to stand outside and I do not smoke in the house.

Construction was impeccable as I am sure most/all Anejos are. Pre-light aroma - I smelled mostly the cedar from the sleeve that I removed. Upon lighting and first draw, I tasted the familiar sweet flavor that I do with most Maduro cigars (I am not a huge fan of Maduros). The draw throughout the smoke was great. It produced copious amounts of blue/grey smoke. All in all, it was not a bad smoke until I got down to the last 1/2 to 1/3. That is when I began to feel the full effect of the strength. But not to be a wuss, I continued. By the time I reached the band, I was sweating and my stomach was churning. I have no doubt that this is one excellent smoke - just doesn't fit my taste and I am sure not man enough yet to endure another any time soon.

I have one more 48, 2 sharks, and 2 WOAM sitting in my humi. Will my palate change over time enough to acquire a taste for these or should I just consider it done?

I'd say you consider it done and send me what's left. :D Just kidding. Definitely give the others a try after a little rest. I had a WOAM recently and it was tasty. Did you have an empty stomach on the anejo?

I feel ya. I had my first Anejo the other day--a 46--on a full stomach and it still sat me down for about 25 minutes! :blush:

I have several others that are going to get some aging before being fired up.

I had just recently finished a fairly big lunch. And like you, Bond, it didn't seem to make a difference.

Shooter, I will have to remember the sugar thing.

My palatte changed over time. At first I found the specialty Fuentes too strong, but after weeks of smoking Villazon products, my nicotine tolerance rose to a level in which I can easily smoke an Anejo or Opus (wilst detecting the subtle flavors) without any queasiness or dizzyness (well, for the most part). Drinking Coke will help stave off the nic kickback imo.

Sorry to hear this Tony, but I wouldn't write them off yet.

My first Anejo was a 46 that kicked my butt and almost had me vomitting. But it is now my favorite cigar.

Stepping stones my brotha, stepping stones.

Yeah, the last one I had was back on Father's Day, I love them but space them out. But yeah, they kind of sneak up on you :sign:

I have a few different sizes of Anejos around, but I had to pick I'd probably say the #48 is quite likely my favorite cigar.... :love: :love: When these are on, they are ON. Let 'em sit a year or so, and they are really something special.

Give one another try in a few months....tastes are different, and these may not be your cup 'o joe.

Regards - B.B.S.

Couldn't agree more with everyone. They are pretty strong but you don't realize it until you have about nubbed the damn thing! The shark isn't as bad to me as the 49 or 48, both of those kicked my ass :thumbs:!

For all you people that can't handle Anejo's

a fiver of should make ya feel GREAT

LFD DL Chisel
Comacho Negro
Opus Chili
BBF
JDN Antano

For all you people that can't handle Anejo's

a fiver of should make ya feel GREAT

LFD DL Chisel
Comacho Negro
Opus Chili
BBF
JDN Antano

Swap that Camacho Negro for a Corojo "Diploma," and you've got yourself a recipe for sickness right there. :D

On topic, I enjoyed a Camacho Coyolar and a JdN Robusto Grande this evening. I'm really on a strong cigar binge lately.....must be the weather. I'm not sure I could handle these on a hot day.

Edit: Oops, please forgive the thread crap. I had a few tabs open, and thought this was in the "What Did You Smoke Today" thread.....hence the above post.

What's the matter with you guys, Anejo's strong? - not for me, they are great smokes.
I enjoy every vitola and smoke a few every week. Had a 55 this morning - loved it!

Brian

I had my first Anejo about 4 months ago.It was a 46 from 05 that I received in a sampler from JOE M.Funny thing is it sat in my humi for a few months because I'm a newbie and had never even heard of Anejo's.So I brought it to Boston Common one day, while my kids were playing I fired it up.I coudn't beleave I had waited so long to smoke it.When I got home I started searching for them online.I also had no idea how rare they are in September.I saw some prices as high as $26 for 1.I was like "what the hell did I just smoke"Anyway I scored 8 of them this holiday season so I am happy.I paid $8.34 each for 46's.