• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF Anejo #55 (3rd release)

TheBeast

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Anejo #55 3rd release 6X55

This is a 3 cigar review. I've smoked 3 of them now while on vacation. The first was accompanied by a few glasses of red zinfandel, the second a 4 shot espresso mocha, and the third a glass of water.

Pre-light/visusal

Beautiful, dark, oily wraps, smooth, not overly veiny. Torpedo shaped. 2 of the 3 seemed semi-box pressed, but if I recall correctly the #55's are actually rolled partially squared. The 3rd didn't seem to posses this characteristic. (funny...they all came from the same box).

Torch characteristics

These babies fired up real nice. Good even burn through out the entire smoke. White-greyish ash. I could hold the ash half way through on all 3 cigars. Wrappers seemed to become more oily as the cigar burned. Contructions was flawless...well rolled sticks.

Flavor characteristics

These cigars were extremely mild. Very flat and lacking any complexity. Hints of pepper and spice...that's about it. Consistent lack of flavor throughout the entire smoke.

Well I'm not sure what happened here. I had three of them in three different settings and got out of it the same cigar. I was very disappointed. These were the first 3rd releases I've tried. I have yet to tackle a 1st release (hope to very soon...if someone gifts me one...lol). I have had several 2nd release (#46 and #48) i'm not sure how the profile of the #55 differs in the 2nd release. These were far from the Anejo's that I've grown to love. Wow...again...not sure what has happened to these.

I am very new at the aging focus of cigars. My knowledge is very slim. Could I have burned 3 beautiful cigars that were just to young to smoke yet? Or does this not apply to what I experienced in this batch of Anejo's? I have 2 more left and am very reluctant to smoke them if they do infact need to age. I am a very big Anejo fan...but at this point the 3rd release does not stack up.

Sorry they didn't happen for ya! Did you ever figure out what the one was that I put in Toni's pass? Did you smoke that yet? It looked like it had some age on it! ;)

Y leebo.... Y.... It ends in a Y... Like the consanant which sometimes acts as a vowel

LOL

:sign: :D :p

Are ya sure that the 'partially squared' or boxed smoke wasn't a #77 or shark? That's the only one I can think of that's box pressed down to the rounded torp neck and cap.