• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF DBL Chat. SG

jgriddle

Crusty ole Fart Newbie
I am thinking about the AF Dbl Chat. Sun Grown. Never had an AF I didn't like yet but never had one of the SG. Anyone had one yet? PLease let me know before I buy.
Thanks
Jerry ???

If you like the regular Chateau SGs then you'll like these. Same flavor just longer.

Guess I should have read your post better.....the AF SGs are very good - all of them. I don't think you'll be disappointed but if you are there are plenty of people who will take them off your hands. It's a no-risk buy imo.

Oh yeah.... one of my favorite cigars and affordable too!!

Artu Fuente makes excellent cigars in all their ranges (especially top shelf - oh my) but their mid-range cigars such as the Hemingways and the Sun Growns are excellent as well.

My advice would be to pick up as many as you can at this time. If, by chance you don't like them, I guarantee there will be plenty of offers for trades and such. I seriously think however that you will find them to be quite enjoyable - and when you can find them are cheaper than say the Ashton VSG's. While the two definately don't taste the same, the VSG (for me anyway) is an after-dinner smoke, while the Sun Grown is a playing out in the field during the day smoke :thumbs:

So enjoy brother! They are worth it!

Sam

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum, AF SUNGROWNS............ YUUUUUUUUUUMY :thumbs:

Jerry it occured to me that you might be interested in what they taste like other than "they're just damn good." To me there are 3 distinct flavor stages. The first third is sweet like molasses, the middle part is nutty and the last bit is spicy. I've also noticed this same profile in OpusX and Ashton VSG. Now I'm not saying that the CF SG and DCF SG are Opuses at a fraction of the cost. But I am saying that you get a similar flavor profile that to me is complex and very tasty. I'm not as familiar with the DCF as the others but you can't go wrong with any of them. Pick the size you like and go with it.

Bruddah Jerry,

If you like a cigar that's spicy, cedary and full of flavor and packs a pretty good punch then you're gonna love 'em!

Aloha,

Wade

FatherTiresius said:
Jerry it occured to me that you might be interested in what they taste like other than "they're just damn good." To me there are 3 distinct flavor stages. The first third is sweet like molasses, the middle part is nutty and the last bit is spicy. I've also noticed this same profile in OpusX and Ashton VSG. Now I'm not saying that the CF SG and DCF SG are Opuses at a fraction of the cost. But I am saying that you get a similar flavor profile that to me is complex and very tasty. I'm not as familiar with the DCF as the others but you can't go wrong with any of them. Pick the size you like and go with it.
That's what I was trying to say! But I ain't as well learned as FT! :p

Very tasty smoke, all of the AF sun growns are good. The DC are a bit strong fresh OTT, they will mellow some with age. Plan on at least a hour of pleasure when you fire this one up. As mentioned, if you don't like them it won't be a problem.

JOE.M. said:
FatherTiresius said:
That's what I was trying to say! But I ain't as well learned as FT! :p
Yeah yeah - what they said. :D

Course I like to sum it up as: damn good! :thumbs:

Sam

Man FT you do have a way of summing up that smoke, I would have to agree with you. Jerry a great smoke with great flavor! Well priced a good value for the money IMHO ;)

BenjieV :D