• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF Don Carlos #2

fetterjohn

Non-active but active and lurking!
How many people like these? Not a whole lot of talk about the Don Carlos line. I picked some of these up a couple of days ago and want to know people's opinions. I do like the #3 but have never enjoyed any other of the line [and have never even had an Opus #2 (BOO-HOO)]. How many of you like the #2? Rated #4 in "Best Cigars of the Year" CA.

-Fetter

I tried one once...but it was plugged. Struggled with it for a while; finally gave up. The flavor that I was able to get was good though.

Definitely a stick I want to try again in the future.

If you like Cammie wrapped, stronger cigars you will love the Don Carlos line. I personally prefer the Hemingway line because I enjoy a more medium strength/full flavoured cigar.

I plan on trying more of this line (including the #2). So far only had the #4 and it had horrible burn and construction problems. Kept at 65 for 2 months and the wrapper split in like 3 places a bit before the last third. Tasted great though =\

I love anything Don Carlos but my favorites are the Robusto and Belicoso.

I prefer the narrower gauges, but the #2's are a very fine smoke.

Vis-a-vis the wrapper, I haven't tested this, but would guess that Cameroon wrapped cigars are likely better off at the higher end of the humidity scale (70%ish).

I've only had one, but I thought it was a great stick!

They taste like cherry's :) I enjoy these, but they need a bit of age on them.

Love the entire line, send them to me if you don't :)

the robusto with a year of age is my favorite cigar. I'd put it against ANY cigar cuban or other wise.

I will be smoking one of the #2's in the next couple of days...I've always liked the #3, so I had to try these at the price that I got them. I had to let them rest a few days after purchase...$9.99 in California! Like that? Great find...

-Fetter

Never had a Don Carlos, but I've yet to have a bad Fuente.

The DC #2 is one of my favorites, a rich full bodied smoke. The DC #4 is right up there with it and it's a 30 minute stick...

DT

I bought a fiver from a brother here. It either needed more time, or I was out of whack because I didn't like it. I have 4 more tries to get it right