• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF Hemi Short Story

cincycigarman

I bought 2 AF Hemi Short Stories at the local B&M today. This is a silly question, but how much of the foot do I trim (I guess, if any) prior to lighting one of these sticks?

Since I see alot of people raving about these on the board, (Brickhouse seems to be crazy about these things, and seems like a sensible guy :) ) when I saw them I had to pick a couple of them up and try them out.

I also picked up a couple Opus Perfecxion 4 and Padron 1964 Principe, both naturals. Those are going to go into the humi and rest. Looking on the forum, I paid MSRP for both. I am pretty stoked about finding both of these. They had 2 boxes of Opus X (from the looks of this the xXx and Perfecxion 4) and also a bunch of Padron Anniversaries, although I do not recall at the moment exactly which ones...

Do not cut the foot, light it how it is. The Hemingway series are some of my favorite smokes, enjoy them.

Doesn't really matter.

I whack some off the end to get it going faster-no patience.

Clip the cap and light foot. The best part is enjoying the flavor and draw change as the cigar opens up.

I've smoked at least a whole box of these and never clipped the foot. It actually makes it easier to light if you just fire it up the way it is.

Clip the cap and light foot. The best part is enjoying the flavor and draw change as the cigar opens up.

Agreed - I've done both and enjoy the cigar more without clipping the foot. I'd swear there is an abrupt change of flavor as the burn moves into the first quarter inch.

Agreed - I've done both and enjoy the cigar more without clipping the foot. I'd swear there is an abrupt change of flavor as the burn moves into the first quarter inch.

Sure is! THis is one of my two favorite small n/c smokes (along with the PAM Principes). The way it develops and expands once it opens up is a wonderful experience every time.

I'll dogpile here, just cause I like any post about the short story.

Light that nipple on fire bro, it'll do the rest on it's own :)

Try the Best Seller next if you want just a little more smoke time. They are both one of my favorites! :thumbs:

Bill

Try the Best Seller next if you want just a little more smoke time. They are both one of my favorites! :thumbs:

Bill

Bill speaks the truth. I love the short story because it's a great breakfast smoke IMO and it's great when your nightly just didn't set you straight.

Both of these qualities rely on the fact that the short story is, as it's supposed to be, short.

But if your looking for a little more smoke time, try the best seller, I have a few of those in the humi as well for that purpose.

All the AF Hemingway's are good smokes, just depends on your mood.
Short time, longer time, cool time, day time, night time :laugh:

Brian

This is truly one of my favorites. :thumbs:

You will get the best burn just by lighting it uncut and let it go. It will have a bit of a tough draw at first but it will get going quick.