• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF Hemingway Masterpiece Maduro's

moki

el Presidente
I was browsing around at the local smoke shop, looking through the collection of cigars they had. In the AF section, hidden in the back, were 3 Masterpiece cigars -- these guys are monsters. Then I looked closer -- they were Maduro's!

I couldn't resist, I bought the 3 remaining AF Hemingway Masterpiece Maduro's (they come in a box of 10). Question is, what is a fair price for these monster smokes?

I've seen on the web people charging $29-$35 per stick for them -- my local shop had them for $17 a pop, which seemed relatively reasonable. Anyone know?

Pretty sure MSRP is $12 and that's the most I've ever paid.

I paid $13.78 out the door for the one I found. I might get a box to sit for a year if I get the chance.

I was guessing $20... but I've never seen anything but Shorts, Classics, Sigs, and WoA for sale. :)

Lumberg said:
Well looks like I'm gonna have to post this for everybody....I swear this should eb a sticky.

http://www.keenwebs.com/herfindex/fuente.htm

and while we're at it...

http://www.keenwebs.com/herfindex/opus.htm
Thanks for the post -- but that doesn't include the Maduro Hemingways. As I understand it, the Untold Story, Masterpiece, and Work of Art Maduro are significantly more rare, and generally more expensive than the regular Hemingways.

That site lists the Masterpiece at $12.50 -- what would be the MSRP for the Masterpiece Maduro? And how rare are they? The Untold Story Maduro's seem hellishly hard to find.

Every shop I've ever been to charges a 20-100% markup on AF over msrp. The biggest place in town charges over double for any Anejo's they get.

moki said:
Thanks for the post -- but that doesn't include the Maduro Hemingways.
There is no difference in MSRP for the natural or maduro cigars. Although you will pay more for a maduro Short Story, Best Seller, Natural Untold and the IBTL... ;)

Devin Cole said:
moki said:
Thanks for the post -- but that doesn't include the Maduro Hemingways. 
There is no difference in MSRP for the natural or maduro cigars. Although you will pay more for a maduro Short Story, Best Seller, Natural Untold and the IBTL... ;)
aha... interesting, I didn't know that. It must be the relative rarity that causes retailers to jack the prices of those way up. I've seen the UTSM's for sale at $35 a stick -- and the guy who runs the place says he sells them at that all of the time. :0 :0

I recently paid $13.75 a stick for Masterpiece Maduros at one store and $15.95 a stick at another.

The $15.95 sticks taste much better and obviously have much higher quality construction than the $13.75 sticks. LOL! :D