• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF Hemingway WOA Maduro

cigah_smoka

Proud Padron slut!!
Today I smoked one of my first Work of Art that was given to me as a Christmas gift by my boss. Let me start off by saying this was a great smoke!! At first light, I knew I was in for a good smoke. This cigar was dark and oily and had an awesome draw! It had some hints of cocoa and nuts. It burned evenly the whole way down. I nubbed it! I can't wait to smoke the others in my humi! I think I'll take a box home from the shop. :D :love: A solid 92 in my book!!

cigah_smoka said:
Today I smoked one of my first Work of Art that ...A solid 92 in my book!!
Thanks for the recommendation, I will put this one on my list.

afmo. y s.s.,

Miguel Angel

The WOAM is one of my favorite Fuente cigars! Trust me when I say that this cigar only gets better with age!

Aloha,

Wade

I knew that Holt's did take backorders for WOAM at one time but not sure if they still do. I did hear that some peoples B/O's were filled for WOAM after a 2 year wait! Give them a call... you've got nothing to lose.

Another good bet for WOAM would be authorized Fuente dealers... especially long time dealers of Fuente products as the Fuente family will always take care of the dealers that stood by them during the lean years (pre-boom years).

Good luck on your hunt for the WOAMs... if you can find any you will be rewarded with a great smoke!

Aloha,

Wade

hrm Holt's doesnt seem to sell WOA's same with JR. Where can they be had?

I bought mine from a guy at CENSORED* on a buy/sell/trade thread. These are darn near impossible to get which is one of the reasons I am becoming more and more ticked off at this whole Fuente nonsense.

One thing on top of taste, burn, draw, etc. as far as I'm concerned that goes along with my preferences for a particular cigar is AVAILABILITY and NOT GETTING PRICE GOUGED which is why the high end Fuentes drop further and further down my list every day.

Secondly, I'm never been so impressed with Opus xXx, Anejos, WOAM's or Diamond Crowns that I'll pay the big money and go through the aggrevation of getting them again.

Great review Jorge, I did like the two I smoked as well but since everyone seems to love these babies more than me, I think I'll use the others as pass material.

*I censored this due to my loyalty to CPass and I don't want to promote other sites here. Yes, I will admit I post on other boards but I consider CPass to be my home. However on the other boards, I mention CPass as much as possible :D

I for one love a well aged WOAM and don't mind paying a little bit more for a primo ceegar. It definitely is a holiday smoke and I have have enough room in my cooledor to fit a box of em' in there. Jorge, does your shop have a good price on em' box wise? If so, I just might have to pick up a box of em' while I'm down there for the Miami Herf 2004...... :D :thumbs: :p

Stogie,
Mike (Fast4Dr) bought a box of them from me for $222.00. If we still have a box left, I'll gladly sell you it! :D

cigah_smoka said:
Stogie,
Mike (Fast4Dr) bought a box of them from me for $222.00. If we still have a box left, I'll gladly sell you it! :D
You mean I could have bought both of them!!!!

cigah_smoka said:
Yes Mike, you could have taken both of them!! As long as you would have left me the one on the shelf! :p
You still have my credit card number....my mailing address is in my profile ;)

Ahhhhhhh come on guys, be nice now and leave one for on the shelf for ole' Stogie. There's nuttin' like walkin' in a cigar shop and purchasing one of your favorite boxes of ceegars..... :D :thumbs: :p

I had my first WOAM last night. I got a couple from Tampa Sweethearts this past December and hadn't had the opportunity to smoke one until now! ;)

At first, the cigar felt a bit hard to the touch. I wasn't sure how it was gonna turn out so I went in with low expectations. ???

I clipped a bit off and took a draw. Somewhat tight but not too bad. I lit the foot and took another draw, still a bit tight but then I pulled my head from my @$$ and thought, "...hmm, if the foot is tapered to 1/8 inch, how much air ya gonna pull through until it burns down a bit..." :whistling: Ok, I never said I was a rocket scientist!! LMAO!!!

Once it burned down 'bout 1/4 inch, BOOM!!! The draw was excellent and the taste was great! I don't know all of the taste "names", however, the cigar is worth smokin', IMO! And, if they get better with age, I may have to burn another one in the fall to see if it's changed.

A box would be nice to put away for that "special" day. :D

Enough said! Good smoke!!

Floyd T. :sign:

SKYDIVNEKD said:
I had my first WOAM last night. I got a couple from Tampa Sweethearts this past December and hadn't had the opportunity to smoke one until now! ;)

At first, the cigar felt a bit hard to the touch. I wasn't sure how it was gonna turn out so I went in with low expectations. ???

I clipped a bit off and took a draw. Somewhat tight but not too bad. I lit the foot and took another draw, still a bit tight but then I pulled my head from my @$$ and thought, "...hmm, if the foot is tapered to 1/8 inch, how much air ya gonna pull through until it burns down a bit..." :whistling: Ok, I never said I was a rocket scientist!! LMAO!!!

Once it burned down 'bout 1/4 inch, BOOM!!! The draw was excellent and the taste was great! I don't know all of the taste "names", however, the cigar is worth smokin', IMO! And, if they get better with age, I may have to burn another one in the fall to see if it's changed.

A box would be nice to put away for that "special" day. :D

Enough said! Good smoke!!

Floyd T. :sign:
[snapback]184469[/snapback]​

Imagine that. I just picked up a couple of WOAMs in April from Tampa Sweethearts. I've had the natural/EMS version, but never the maduro. Sounds like I'm in for a treat. In addition, mrjinglesusa just gifted me one from his trip to Vegas. Looks like I'll get to smoke one and age one. :p Life is good. :thumbs:

Back