• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aging Cigars

bobbyshirley

Still learning this stogie stuff.
I heard all the talk about aging cigars. SO, I was just wondering opions on what some good cigars are for aging. (Examples: A/F Hemingway, etc.) So, proceed with opinions.

Opus are great cigars to age. I hear that the Don Carlos age very well too. I have never tried an aged Don Carlos but I have put down a few boxes to see how they turn out. I didn't like the CAO Brazilias when they came out but got a few for free and just forgot about them. After a year I thought they were very nice cigars.

edit to add "n't"

I'll second Opus X. They mellow out and become a little smoother with age. I still like them young but people who like aged cigars will love aged Opus X.

A Partagas Black Label, in my experience, smooths out and becomes a somewhat mellow and tasty smoke with a year+ on them. Definitely better than fresh.

To me. all Regula and x000 series need at least a year on them before I will smoke them. And as far as Brazilia's go, I thinks age does nothing for them. Get them in, put them down for 2-3 months to let them settle, then smoke em young! I think Torano Signature line ages exceptionally well. I am finishing of a box that are over a year old and they taste better each time I reach for one.

Emo