• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aging tat's

joselastra

What do you guys store your Tat's at? I know i smoke mine at around 64%, but i was wondering what to age them at, i have a humi set up at abouut 69-71% for aging(it rarely makes it past 70% though).

I age everything at 69 to 70. Then dry them down to 65 ish to smoke. I keep as much air away from them as I can.

Pete Johnson told me 65. I'm just too set in my ways to change.

I am firmly in the school of thought that says oils start evaporating under 68% rh.

Pete did suggest 70 for the P series, stating that the delicate wrapper would fare better.

I am firmly in the school of thought that says oils start evaporating under 68% rh.

I'm interested to know more about this theory. Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

I keep everything at 65%. I really don't care to worry about it enough more than that. Everything goes right into the humi's all at 65.

After getting some boxes of DPG blends that were stored at too high an RH from Famous, I'm a believer. I believe DPG and Pete when they say to never store their cigars over 65%. I saw what happens when you do. They change - permanent like. Still good cigars but they were never quite right no matter how long I tried to recover them.

In fact, IMO it's worth paying a bit more to buy them from a B&M that stores them properly.

:0 You guys store them :0

They never last long enough in my house....

Tim

I keep all mine (and I've got a TON, trust me) at 64-65% in the Vino. To date, I haven't had a stick with anything other than the typical Pepin taste profile.

My cabinet is set to 65% which probably means it's 67-ish in the bottom and 63-ish in the top. I've never had an issue, and all my smokes, old or new, smoke great.

One guy's opinion - B.B.S.

After getting some boxes of DPG blends that were stored at too high an RH from Famous, I'm a believer. I believe DPG and Pete when they say to never store their cigars over 65%. I saw what happens when you do. They change - permanent like. Still good cigars but they were never quite right no matter how long I tried to recover them.

In fact, IMO it's worth paying a bit more to buy them from a B&M that stores them properly.

Solid point. Some of the stuff I had received from Devil Bid in the past showed up in rough shape. I mean, how many of us have had to make a phone call to their customer service for replacement sticks? Only experience I've ever had with beetles was from the same place.

Tats do seem like a great aging candidate, btw. I'd love to have a Noella or Reserva with 5 or so years on it...

I like to keep mine at 65% however the last 2 weeks I cant get my coolidor to drop past 69% ( stays at a constant 69) for whatever reason.