• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Air Assault

13Fox

Hey everybody,

I found out about two weeks ago that I'll be heading to Air Assault school in mid-April. I'm just checking to see if there are any BOTLs out there that have been to the course before and could offer some advice or preparation tips. I've been PTing pretty hard and spending some time under my ruck to get ready for the 12-miler at the end of the course, but curious if there's anything else that I should be doing.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Paul

Make sure you check your load list 3 times.

Rappelling is fun!!

Fuel blivets are a pain in the ass.

Never went to the Army stuff, the Corps had it's own until about 1980 but the idea is the same.

Have fun Battle. Don't worry too much, I never went to Air Assault but I know many that did and they said it's fun and tough like any other training. Run fast, stay strong, and be ready for that ruck and I'm sure you'll be fine.

As a side note, cigars do make a noticeable difference (at least to me) on the run time. May want to cut back on that just a bit prior to training ;)

Good luck!