• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Air Force - MEPS

Nathan Rahl

Dum de Dum
Well, I was kind of bored so I thought I would tell about the last 2 days and my experience with MEPS. I left Tuesday morning and went in stayed in a Embassy Suites, very nice hotel btw. Had some great food and just relaxed in the sauna.

The real fun started Today at about 4 am. :rolleyes: Got into MEPS at about 5 and got wanded and my bags checked for weapons. Then came the medical examination. Not a very pleasant experience. I don't think I want to ever go back there. Walking around and doing a bunch of weird exercises in your boxers isn't as fun as it sounds. :D And if anyone besides a doctor tells me to bend over and spread em' I swear I will punch them in the face. For those of you have gone through MEPS you should know what I am talking about. The thing I hated the most was the urine test. I couldn't piss for like 4 hours. I drank so much water I thought I was going to throw up. The water had a nasty metallic taste to it to. Anyways about 11 hours after arriving, I finally got to take my oath. I am now officially in the Delayed Enlistment Program for the next year or so. I'm not really sure what I am going to be doing for my job yet. My few job selections are all centered around computers/electronics, so something in that area.

Just thought I'd share my little experience. I've seen posts on here that indicate that many are in the service/law enforcement. So I figured a few might be interested. I know it's not a whole lot of information, sorry I'm not a very good story teller. :D

Ah Yes MEPS, what a grand welcome into the military. Peeing in front of a uniformed is not an easy thing to do, well at least you only had to go through it once.

The guys in the officer programs have to go through that more than once. I have been twice, I have officer buddies that have through a number times depending on their specialty. My buddies tell me the pilot physical is the worst. They run twice as many tests and are twice as invasive.

My favorite memory is the of the kid who had crap stains on his underwear when we were doing the exercises.

Congrats on your decision and I know many of us CPers are proud of you.

Ahhh yes, MEPS. It doesn't sound like it has changed much in the 33 years since I passed through there. Although the hotel part is new, we just drove in a bus for most of the night.

Congrats on your decision.

cool :thumbs:
thought i had more to say but ahhh,
smoked any good cigars lately? ???

That is awesome.......... Thank you for defending our Great Country

what does MEPS stand for ??

Congrats and thank you for your commitment to serve.

I remember the experience well...except it wasn't called MEPS when I went through just over 27 years ago. It was AFEES...Armed Forces Entrance and Examination Station...which is not to be confused with AAFES...the Army-Air Force Exchange Service. Maybe that's why they changed the name...so folks wouldn't show up asking for the BX or PX. :p

The thing I remember most was getting pulled aside by the Navy recruiter. He'd gotten a look at my hearing test results (I had exceptional hearing way back then) and wanted me to change my mind about the USAF and become a Navy sonarman. My recruiter caught him and he was pissed. I thought it was going to come to blows.

Anyway, enjoy the year...and the career. If ya need to pick any brains, just holler.

MSgt, USAF (Ret)

Good luck. Try to get overseas, and take advantage of the opportunities to see and do as much as you can. USAFSS 70-74.

Congrats, and we're all proud. Thanks also to those more experienced DoD types around here offering their advice and encouragement, and thanks for your service as well. I'm a civilian contractor and nothing but respect to all you active duty guys and your service, in whatever capacity.

Regards,

JK

Congrats on joining the Air Force.

Now those cigar shipments can go to your new duty station after you get one. ;)

Congrats on joining the Air Force family. I'm Active Duty Air Force stationed in Okinawa Japan at the moment. If they give ya the Linguist speech and have any questions, let me know. I'm a 1A8 Airborne Linguist and have done both teh flying and ground jobs. I can fill ya in if they steer you wrong. Not that a recruiter will, but usually they just don't know about or understand our job enough to answer questions on it. Too many linguists come in feeling they were lied to and although the bonuses are good, they still feel cheated because they didn't get the full story up front.

Take care and good luck. Let us know when you get your BMT date.

-K-