• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Air purifier or cieling vent?

Giuseppe

Hey gang, new here and could use some of your experience and input.
I recently created a guys lounge in an extra room in the house a few months ago and I really need to work on getting some better venting or cleaning of the air in there. I know it is inevevitable that evereything will end up smelling like stogies but I would like to keep it down as much as I can. I currently have just a bionare sub $100 purifier (which just throws out the smell of more smoke now instead of purified air) and a dual window fan unit. I keep the air moving and going out, but it is still sub par in my opinion.

I was originally thinking of purchasing a good quality air purifier unit (which are not cheap) but now I think that perhaps adding a ceiling blower/fan type of unit similar to that of a bathroom would be a better choice. I would assume that by the time all is said and done pricing between the two options would be close. Which of the two options do you think would work out better?

Any input is appreciated on the subject.

Also, which company would you suggest regarding a good quality air purifier? Preferably one that you have had experience with.
The room is approx 10x15x12

Thanks
G

I can't speak about what's best in a cigar room but generally I'd go with venting where ever you can to get rid of smells and keep them from spreading. Then, after venting when the noticeable odor is gone you can use a purifier.

Search is your friend!

;)

There has been plenty written on this here.

If you are looking for a new purifier...make sure the 'CADR 'rating if up there!!!

The a large ceiling fan will cost much less. Carbon Filters will eat you alive in the wallet.