• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Airflow solution?

dawgie34203

I’m kind of a dumbass…
So, here is my harebrained idea of the day. My Needone is pretty full, and since I replaced all of the shelves with drawers, I can’t help but wonder if I have affected the airflow. In addition, I have my Boveda’s mounted on the inside of the door, possibly restricting the airflow even more.
IMG_0285.jpeg

So this afternoon, I did this…
IMG_4576.jpegIMG_4577.jpeg

I stopped after the first drawer and thought I would ask the experts (y’all). Am I doing more harm than good, or is this just a complete waste of time and won’t do anything either way?

@dawgie34203 I imagine if you’re getting consistent RH readings on your top, middle, and bottom shelves, then you probably don’t have much to worry about. Do the fans run constant on those units, or only when it sees a drop in humidity?

@dawgie34203 I imagine if you’re getting consistent RH readings on your top, middle, and bottom shelves, then you probably don’t have much to worry about. Do the fans run constant on those units, or only when it sees a drop in humidity?

interesting point…I only put one hygro in there, right in the middle.

the fan runs based on temp…

Right on. I wish I knew more about those units. If where you’re storing it maintains a regular ambient temperature, I imagine it doesn’t kick on for very long to reestablish that temperature.

Looks good and I can't imagine there is a downside to opening up more airflow. If you don't think the fan is coming on often enough, don't be worried about opening the door and swinging it back and forth a few times to get the stagnant air moving around.

My nephew runs a heating and air conditioning company and he assures me that humidity, unlike temperature, disperses very quickly.

That looks good, and I believe it will work well also.

I have a similar unit, 150 count fridge with cooling only, no heater. With how dry the air is here in Vegas, I unplugged it a year ago and haven’t looked back. The fan would run almost constantly and dry out the Boveda packs within weeks. Now, I use one 69% 60g Boveda pack without any issues at all. RH hangs around 65-67.
I took all my drawers and shelves out and use it exclusively for box storage (if they fit) and it has been a wonderful long term storage option.

I think your idea, as other have replied, is superb! Monitor and adjust your humidification as needed, and if your cigars aren’t drying out or getting moldy, and they’re smoking the way you like, you’re golden!

IMG_5673.png

Last edited: