• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Alcohol Shipping to APOs

Peekay

I know you can't ship alcohol to places like Iraq and Afghanistan, but I have a buddy in Japan asking me for a specific type of beer. I just wanted to know if you can ship alcohol to bases overseas or if the rule is something like you can't but people do it anyways.

Thanks in advance!

my guess is no. But not for sure. If you look up UPS's website or fed x, it probably has all the rules and regs on what can be exported to different countries.

I know first hand that you can't send Jerky to Japan

I can answer it for you i have an apo answer is no. Your buddy would probably lose his mail privleges. APO have a separate set of rules that have to do with local laws for the region they are in also if you ever ship him cigars dont write that on the box.

Thanks that's what I thought.

I guess you have to get a separate non military mailbox to get alcohol sent overseas? Even then I'm sure it would be a pain in the ass with taxes on the stuff. Fuggin governments! :rolleyes:

It isn't legal to ship alcohol by US mail. I'm not saying that it can't be done, just that it isn't legal.