• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Allergies

joselastra

So living in the Northeast this time of year sucks. I'm so doped up on allergy medicines that they have left me unable to taste anything. Over the weekend i smoked about 4 different Tatuajes, a Cojonu, Noella, Regio and a Cazadore. At the end of just about each smoke I was saying to myself "not much in the taste dept. on that one". Then it hit me on Sunday night as i shot up some more Astepro up my nose, one of the side effects states that it may change, or in my case delete my tastebuds. Damn high pollen counts!!!! It really sucks bigtime...

It seems that this year is worse than ever here. There is so much pollen in the air there is a yellow covering all over my car.

Art

I just washed my car Sunday morning, no joke, by Monday afternoon my black car looked neon green. My body has built up tolerance to all the allergy drugs out there, even prescriptions.

I feel your pain, man. I've never got allergies until this summer and the one before. I haven't been able to smoke for about 2 weeks.

same boat here and this morning i forgot to take my pills so i am going to be dying because this campus if full of pollen.

1 Zyrtec & 1 Allegra D and I'm all good for the day.

Doesn't that Zyrtec make you drowsy?
I just started taking Zyrtec, I used to take the Allegra D with much success. I bought it the first time when I was down in Florida in March....after taking it, it was like I had no allergies. It doesn't seem to make me drowsy at all DeVonn. Pricey at a buck a pill, but it works.

The best part is that I just found the generic for Zyrtec over at Costco....365 tablets for $16 :thumbs: and it works the same on me.

Not at all.

I find that if I take just the Zyrtec, I'll still have the itchy eyes and runny nose. If I take just the Allegra D or even a Claritin, I still sneeze and my nose would be stuffy. By accident a couple of years back I had forgotten that I popped a Zyrtec then went ahead and popped a Claritin and all was good. I've been doing that ever since.

I just started taking Zyrtec, I used to take the Allegra D with much success. I bought it the first time when I was down in Florida in March....after taking it, it was like I had no allergies. It doesn't seem to make me drowsy at all DeVonn. Pricey at a buck a pill, but it works.

The best part is that I just found the generic for Zyrtec over at Costco....365 tablets for $16 :thumbs: and it works the same on me.

I've taken Zyrtec a few times and it makes me a little drowsy. Claritin sucks. I have yet to find anything that really works with little or no side effects. It's not even the allergy symptoms that I mind so much as the sinus headaches. They're excrutiating, just like migraines. Thanks for the heads up Gary, I may have to check out the generic.

Claritin is a just a mere supplemental antihistamine :laugh:

I've been on some form of allergy medicine (shots,pills, sprays) since I've been 5 years old but it never really effected my taste. My father on the other hand I feel bad for he got sinus surgery and now his taste and smell will disappear for months. The doctors just tell him its normal...yea.

I just got a prescription to Xyzal & Astepro as my generic Zyrtec wasn't cutting it about 2 weeks ago. I was miserable every other day or so. I seem to be doing much better. I don't use the Astepro regularly but I can't say it has affected my tastes (b/c I enjoyed the hell out of a Chateau Maduro last night). It does leave a syrupy sweet taste shortly after using it though.

For those who have difficulty with drowsiness, (if you haven't already) try taking it at night before your head hits the pillow. It seems to help for the 24 hr meds.

The pollen is really bad down here in Mississippi in March. Same yellow dusting you guys are talking about all over EVERYTHING.

I feel your pain brothers. At 33 I have allergies for the very first time and the pollen in St. Louis is really bad. Wash the silver car and it's yellow tinted the next day.

Allergies since I was a kid. Never could get them under control, but Zyrtec is a HUGE help for me.

Los, I'm going to try that Allegra-D tip. My eyes still end up itchy, and I ride a LOT, especially in this weather, and they have been killing me, between the wind and pollen.