• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Almost racing time here in the desert!

PJ the Comic

Official Illusione Whore
It is race week here in Las Vegas and I can't wait.

Some of you may know that I actually take care of the turf at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. We have spent the better part of 2 months fertilizing, spraying, and mowing to make the turf shine like a new penny for this weeks race. It is my fat ass in the seat of the mower dropping those stripes for the desired effect. I actually took into account camera angles so that no matter what angle they are filming from, the stripes will show up on the broadcast.

Anbody see the turf at Daytona? Those boys worked hard on the stars and stripes and it looked great. It is cool to do something no other track does. Just one more little thing to set your self apart from the crowd.

I have been filming the entire month and was there today to get some video of the painters working on the massive logos in the turf. It's all part of my new video series "Kiss my Grass". We will be travelling to spots all over the country to bring you some behind the scenes action from racetracks, ball fields, and special events. Why, you may ask? Because you sir, don't know your grass from a hole in the ground!
DSC01272.jpg

Here we are about 30 days away from the race. That is my buddy and his black lab Rainey out mowing prior to my press to impress.

DSC01406.jpg

And here is a picture taken today. Looks a little better I would say!

Check the website a week or so after the race and I should have the entire film edited and up for you to have a look at. I think it will entertain you.

Looks a little different eh? I hope you will watch this weekend on TV in your area and remember there is a BOTL in the infield chain smoking his finest sticks enjoying every bit of NASCAR in sin city.

Very Nice job! I am a huge fan of cutting grass like a piece of art. I love when they cut the Sox emblem in the infeild at Fenway. Amazing!

Paul

Very Nice job! I am a huge fan of cutting grass like a piece of art. I love when they cut the Sox emblem in the infeild at Fenway. Amazing!

Paul

Paul that is on my, need to visit list, to show you just how they do that. I tend to get a bit of a grass chubby about this kind of stuff!

PJ

Paul

Paul that is on my, need to visit list, to show you just how they do that. I tend to get a bit of a grass chubby about this kind of stuff!

PJ

O I hear yea loud an clear! I am also a big time golf fan and I am blown away at the blimp veiws of entire courses durning large tourniments. I always say to the wife "isn't that grass beautiful" and she laughts at me...LOL She just don't get it!

I love those views of golf courses especially this time of year. The edges of the bunkers left with the dormant grass and everything else over seeded looks incredible.

Looks like well manicured landscape. I won't be watching the race, as I don't follow Nascar; but I will my redneck buddies that the guy that did the lawn work is a member of the cigar forum that I call home..

That's awesome. I have actually been wondering what kind of work/science goes into it for a few hours of visibility.

I was able to go to the 1st race there and watched the WOO race as well. Cool watching the jets too. Great track, traffic an issue (unless they have changed or added entrances and exits)

As I sit here high above turn 3, I figured I would answer some questions. Bro- traffic is greatly improved since those days and while it still can take awhile to clear out 150,000 people on Sunday it is not too bad. Kaan- I am working on a video series about the behind the scenes of grass called "KISS MY GRASS" I have a complete recount of the 2 months prepping LVMS and I plan on other installments around the country. Should be ready soon.

I wish I could smoke more but I have no voice still and a full week of comedy next week.

I just got a huge hit of racing fuel smell as Brendan Gaughan made his qualifying run. God I love this place

May you have a safe and exciting race today. Lionheart will be remembered today!

I suspect your turf is going to have a few more lawn jobs done on it today if the slickness of the track to this point is any indication...

May you have a safe and exciting race today. Lionheart will be remembered today!

The race started a bit later than I was willing to stay up, so I unfortunately didn't get to see the track/greens last night. I look forward to that video, though.

I am a huge IICS fan. Can't wait until the 26th and St. Pete! I was wondering if you were at the track in October, PJ? I'm still heartbroken over it all these months later.

I was at the track in October and it was a sad day no doubt! I do need to get going on the video though.

PJ

The race started a bit later than I was willing to stay up, so I unfortunately didn't get to see the track/greens last night. I look forward to that video, though.

I am a huge IICS fan. Can't wait until the 26th and St. Pete! I was wondering if you were at the track in October, PJ? I'm still heartbroken over it all these months later.

Hey PJ, post when you get the video up. I'ld love to see it.