• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Already need to upgrade

IrishSaint

So its happened, between CP and the guys at work I already need a bigger humidor. Not sure what my best option is because of the fact that I live in a 720sqft 1 bedroom apartment. Do I go with a 125-200 count desktop and still use my 40-50 count or is there a better option for me? Any and all advice is needed, thanks!

Sounds like you got bit by the bug real good. I am thinking 70qt coolidor :whistling:

Dude, I went from a 25 ct. to a 100 ct. to a 200 ct. Just save yourself 400 bucks plus all the humidification and buy a 150 qt. cooler. It'll cost you 100 bucks after it's all said and done, but you won't regret it at all.

Sounds like you got bit by the bug real good. I am thinking 70qt coolidor :whistling:

Not sure I have the space for a coolidor.... ??? I guess I don't really get the idea behind the coolidor, do you use a humidor as well or just take right from the coolidor?

I live in a 480 sq.ft. apartment and went with the Vinotemp28...not a single regret!

I'll probably be in the same position as you soon (I have a desktop that holds about 40 sticks and I plan on moving into a tiny apartment over the summer).

I intend to use my desktop to store everyday smokes and purchase a cooler to convert into a coolidor. The coolidor is where I will age cigars and boxes; I'll only really open the coolidor to check on the humidity or transfer sticks into my desktop.

Saying "Search is your friend" regarding upgrading from your desktop is a huge understatement.

I just upgraded from my humi to a Vinotemp and love it, holds perfect humidity and I don't have to worry about the temperature in the warmer months.

Saying "Search is your friend" regarding upgrading from your desktop is a huge understatement.

I just upgraded from my humi to a Vinotemp and love it, holds perfect humidity and I don't have to worry about the temperature in the warmer months.

Don't even need to, it's stickied at the top. Might even be called coolidors 101.. :whistling:

Hint: Wife to be

Hint: 720 Square feet

Hint: How much room is she taking up :D

Hint: Wife to be

Hint: 720 Square feet

Hint: How much room is she taking up :D

:sign:
HAHAHAH, I suppose you could say that women come and go, but cigars will always be there for you, begging to be smoked, longing to give you the opportunity to let off some steam, and hoping to give you a wonderful, tasty experience.

Can you say the same about your woman? If not I think you know what needs to be done.. ;) :laugh:

Not sure I have the space for a coolidor.... ??? I guess I don't really get the idea behind the coolidor, do you use a humidor as well or just take right from the coolidor?

I take right from the coolidor. Works friggin great. Just make sure you get the beads instead of a humidifier. Good luck.

I take right from the coolidor. Works friggin great. Just make sure you get the beads instead of a humidifier. Good luck.

I think right now a desktop is the best way to go for me. Even though I would love a coolidor, it just makes more sense to get a 150-200 count and also use my 50 count. Just have to pick out a good desktop now....

I think right now a desktop is the best way to go for me. Even though I would love a coolidor, it just makes more sense to get a 150-200 count and also use my 50 count. Just have to pick out a good desktop now....

Sooo then why the thread if you already decided what to do?

Think about this, How long did it take you to fill up the fifty? Multiply that by 2 or 3 and that's how long it'll take you to fill up a 200ct...

Why waste your time with yet another desktop? Why not try to get ahead of the problem?

I guess the the thread because I didn't know if anybody had a 1 bedroom apartment and a coolidor. I was also curious if there were bigger alternatives than a 200 count desktop but smaller than a coolidor. Also with minimal closet space I'm just not sure where I would put a coolidor. I would love to get ahead of the problem but after getting home and thinking about it I'm just not sure it can be done at this time.

I ran four or five smaller humidors until I got my cabinet. You'll save a lot of money getting something you can grow into. I mean a lot of money!

Yea, I live in an effeciency apartment, and my cooler fits fine. I put all of my humidors on a shelf I built right above my desk, and I keep my coolerdor at the foot of my bed. I'm trying to figure out a way to store them all in one central place, but may just have to settle for this until I get more room.

I guess the the thread because I didn't know if anybody had a 1 bedroom apartment and a coolidor. I was also curious if there were bigger alternatives than a 200 count desktop but smaller than a coolidor. Also with minimal closet space I'm just not sure where I would put a coolidor. I would love to get ahead of the problem but after getting home and thinking about it I'm just not sure it can be done at this time.

Buddy, I had 2 Coolidors when I lived in a 132 sq. ft. Dorm Room with a roommate.

It's all about priorities. :whistling: :rolleyes:

I'm in a similar predicament. Irishsaint, sorry if I'm hijacking a little, but we have similar issues. I have two boxes en route, which will put me over capacity of my current 50 count, luckily a BOTL is loaning me a spare desktop to serve the interim.

FOGs, if I should start a new thread, please advise, but I figured this was appropriate.

I'm not very interested in building a coolerdor, nor do I want to do a 21 or 28 vinotemp. I see 12 bottle vinotemps for $70-80, and I'm thinking this is the way to go for my box storage (could even throw the desktops in there during the summer if temp is an issue). Is there any reason more guys don't use this smaller vinotemp? Or should I stick with a large capacity desktop? I'm more of a singles and 3-5 pack guy, and only keep boxes of what I know I love, so I'm thinking the small vino temp and a nice new glass top humidor should do the trick (I like my stuff on display, I keep an 8 plug watch winder in my living room, yes, I'm an asshole :cool: ).

Lastly, do most of you store/age your boxes in the box, or do you take them out into trays?

I'm in a similar predicament. Irishsaint, sorry if I'm hijacking a little, but we have similar issues. I have two boxes en route, which will put me over capacity of my current 50 count, luckily a BOTL is loaning me a spare desktop to serve the interim.

FOGs, if I should start a new thread, please advise, but I figured this was appropriate.

I'm not very interested in building a coolerdor, nor do I want to do a 21 or 28 vinotemp. I see 12 bottle vinotemps for $70-80, and I'm thinking this is the way to go for my box storage (could even throw the desktops in there during the summer if temp is an issue). Is there any reason more guys don't use this smaller vinotemp? Or should I stick with a large capacity desktop? I'm more of a singles and 3-5 pack guy, and only keep boxes of what I know I love, so I'm thinking the small vino temp and a nice new glass top humidor should do the trick (I like my stuff on display, I keep an 8 plug watch winder in my living room, yes, I'm an asshole :cool: ).

Lastly, do most of you store/age your boxes in the box, or do you take them out into trays?

Seriously...... They are way too small.. My 28 bottle is too small. You will regret it eventually..