• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Always having to login?

Zeebra

Daddy still loves Padrón!
Someone already brought this up, but I've realized that everytime I come to CP after closing down my browser I have to login again. I've already cleared the cache and reset cookies to no avail. I'm using Firefox 2. Any ideas? It used to automatically log me in because it remembered my login info but that doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

I made a change to the cookie settings. This is actually a bug in Invision, and will not be fully fixed until the upgrade comes out. In any case, the tweak I just made should work for now. Let me know if you experience further trouble.

Thanks Rod! It seems to be working for me :)

I seem to have spoke too soon. Once I cleared the cookies and closed out it dosn't work for me now. Oh well, no big deal.

I made a change to the cookie settings. This is actually a bug in Invision, and will not be fully fixed until the upgrade comes out. In any case, the tweak I just made should work for now. Let me know if you experience further trouble.

Still an issue. I cleared all my settings/cookies, closed down the browser and logged in again. Then when I close down the browser and go back in, I have to login.

It's a bug I can't fix. They have to patch the software. Until the next release comes out (which I hope will be soon), we all have to deal with this cookie issue, including myself. It's a pain in the ass, but we'll get it patched as soon as possible. Thanks.

I understand that this has been an issue for a little while now and has had a lot of discussion, some I've followed and some I haven't. Therefore, if this has already been covered, I apologize for the redundancy. However, what I've found through my experience is that this occurs when I use other computers to access CP. For example, when I take my laptop to work and log in and then get back home, I have the issue. It seems to happen just about every time I log in with a different computer. I don't believe that this has happened to me when I've just been logging in with my home computer only. Could this possibly be the issue? Anyone have similar experiences?

I understand that this has been an issue for a little while now and has had a lot of discussion, some I've followed and some I haven't. Therefore, if this has already been covered, I apologize for the redundancy. However, what I've found through my experience is that this occurs when I use other computers to access CP. For example, when I take my laptop to work and log in and then get back home, I have the issue. It seems to happen just about every time I log in with a different computer. I don't believe that this has happened to me when I've just been logging in with my home computer only. Could this possibly be the issue? Anyone have similar experiences?

Yep, that sound like what's happening with me too. I have three computers in the house and when I change from one to another, I get logged out. If I'm using one computer and walk away from it for a while and come back to CP on the same computer, I'm not logged out.

I really don't care though, I just log back in, no big deal really.