• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Am i being unreasonable?

ProBe

My 5 month old 56" tv broke on January 10th and we called samsung the same day because it's under warrenty they had the company that comes out to fix it call us on January 11th to schedule an appointment which they did for January 15th. The repairman comes out and says it wasn't the part he thought it was and he needs to order the right part and he should have it for Monday the 19th and will come back out on the 23rd. The 23rd came and went and we called the company and emailed numerous times and nobody called us back. We procedded to call samsung to see if they can see what's going on and they couldn't reach them either.

Fast foward to the 29th the scheduling girl calls us and says that they part was shipped to them and they should have it the next day or Monday and she would send the repair out the same day. Well Monday 5:00 comes and we call them and she says oh ya your part came and she schedules us for today between 12-4pm. Well at 2:26 the scheduling girl calls and says that the tech left the part at the office and he can come on Wednesday. We said no that's unacceptable and he needs to be here tomorrow morning she said fine 9am. Well we just get a call and he says he doesn't want to come so earle cause it's an hour drive from NJ and he will come on Saturday his day off. We said he is to come tomorrow between 9-12 or we are going to file a complaint with samsung and have them handle it. Am i in the right to just let samsung handle it after this and have them send somebody else. I think we have waited paitently for almost a month now. wife is really aggrevated at this point and just wants to throw the tv out the door.

My 5 month old 56" tv broke on January 10th and we called samsung the same day because it's under warrenty they had the company that comes out to fix it call us on January 11th to schedule an appointment which they did for January 15th. The repairman comes out and says it wasn't the part he thought it was and he needs to order the right part and he should have it for Monday the 19th and will come back out on the 23rd. The 23rd came and went and we called the company and emailed numerous times and nobody called us back. We procedded to call samsung to see if they can see what's going on and they couldn't reach them either.

Fast foward to the 29th the scheduling girl calls us and says that they part was shipped to them and they should have it the next day or Monday and she would send the repair out the same day. Well Monday 5:00 comes and we call them and she says oh ya your part came and she schedules us for today between 12-4pm. Well at 2:26 the scheduling girl calls and says that the tech left the part at the office and he can come on Wednesday. We said no that's unacceptable and he needs to be here tomorrow morning she said fine 9am. Well we just get a call and he says he doesn't want to come so earle cause it's an hour drive from NJ and he will come on Saturday his day off. We said he is to come tomorrow between 9-12 or we are going to file a complaint with samsung and have them handle it. Am i in the right to just let samsung handle it after this and have them send somebody else. I think we have waited paitently for almost a month now. wife is really aggrevated at this point and just wants to throw the tv out the door.

Make the complaint..and to the BBB....and ask Samung for the nearest repair person beside the one you are using,

Don't foget to use the 'shift' key! ;)

Make the complaint..and to the BBB....and ask Samung for the nearest repair person beside the one you are using,

Don't foget to use the 'shift' key! ;)

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I loved my Samsung DLP 56" but will never buy another one. Mine broke too and it took 8 weeks to get it repaired because they all had problems with mirrors and so parts were hard to get. We paid $500 to Circuit City for a warranty, and it took 8 weeks? I will stay with Visio and LG. They have been great and have not given us one bit of trouble... By the way, Samsung didn't do squat for us, except to say they were sorry and it had to be handled by the repair shop. THE ONLY ONE WITHIN 75 MILES. :angry:

You have been patient. That service tech needs to make it right for you tomorrow, because he made the mistake of ordering the wrong part initially. Call and ask for his supervisor and register a complaint. Most techs don't get paid until the job is complete, so he can probably make more stops/repairs tomorrow without having to spend driving time to your home. Insist on a weekday AM repair, like you have. It should be taking money out of his pocket. Sounds like he deserves it.

That said, call Samsung and ask for a replacement. Keep going up the line until you get someone who is in position to make a decision for you. They probably won't do it for you, but at least you will be in their system as having received poor service from one of their recommended service providers.

That Erks me to no end. It's like the cable company, especially "comcass". They tell you they will come between 8-5pm.......you take the day off and then they don't even bother calling you that they won't be able to make it. There should be some sort of "reimbursement" if you had to use a day off from work to wait for an installer or a repair person.

Do what you can to give Samsung and that repair shop a bad rating. Now and days, people do research online when purchasing electronics. Just like how Dell's customer service dept going to sh*t and everyone complaining........they've been trying to get away from that ever since.

Samsung, Samsung, Samsung. That TV should not break after just 5 months in service.

Bombard them with requests for help in getting the TV repaired - document it all - EVERY request, every phone call, every e-mail, every service call - EVERYTHING!!! Dates - times - who you spoke with or sent a message to. EVERYTHING. Very helpful down the line when it does not get resolved - shows you took every possible avenue to get it done without success...

Good luck!!!

Where is CCat when we need him ... Mrs. Crabtree? Mrs Crabtree? :sign:

Just busting your chops man ... damn repair contractors are the same as cable/satelite installers when it comes to keping appointments. I would call Samsung and complain. I would imagine that if they get too many complaints they will contract with another company to do this work.

Good luck.

I know the exact company you are dealing with and they are a bit inept. My buddy bought a 56" Samsung DLP, the one on the pedestal with the glass base. The bulb went out and it was under warranty. My friend got transferred to Boston so I handled the repair. The Tech is a great guy...if he is the one one from the Keyport, NJ area. He's spread as thin as ice and only works part time for them....maybe that's why they suggested a Saturday appointment (he also works nights AFTER he gets off his full time job). When the bulb went out on the set, I did a little research on it...it turns out Samsung stated the wrong replacement bulb part number on the sticker on the rear of set and in the repair catalogs. I informed the company and they denied it was wrong. The tech came over to check it out and I presented my case to HIM and he agreed and told the company to order the one I found...AND MADE THEM SHIP THE PART DIRECTLY TO MY FRIENDS HOUSE!....so when the Tech had a chance to come over, the part was there waiting. Long story short, I installed the new bulb and when he got there to fix it he just took the old one and said he did the repair. We talked for a while and he gave me the dish on this repair company...not bad people, just spread very thin and have a hard time finding qualified people.

I know you're pissed off, BUT THEY ARE THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN FOR SAMSUNG REPAIR. You can file all the claims you want, but in the end, your TV is still broken.

I would have them fix it first and then yell like hell....suggest they extend your warranty an extra year for the inconvenience. "I missed the Super Bowl because my beautiful Samsung TV was broken!"

Good Luck

...not bad people, just spread very thin and have a hard time finding qualified people.

That's an understatement. The service managers that I have dealt with all lamented the fact that they can't get anyone hired because the talent pool is so thin.

Being that I work customer relations for BMW here is what I would recommend. Call and speak with a rep, advise of the situation, and then ask to speak with a supervisor. Get the supervisors information, extension, first and last name, schedule, title, what ever. It puts them in a position where they feel accountable. Lastly, you need to get online and find who the president/CEO of Samsung for the United States is. Write them a very formal letter outlining all of your documentation, and address it specifically to that executive.

Update:

The repair guy showed up yesterday around 12:15 in the afternoon. After a month of BS he fixed it in 10 Min's.
unbelievable.