• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AM Radio

CvilleYoungGun

Not so young gun anymore.
Lots of NFL fun to be had on a Sunday afternoon but if you are renting a small apartment its hard to enjoy yourself while standing at the door and smoke a cigar during the game.

My solution... Break out the alarm clock radio and put it on the AM side of the dial. We get a relay of WJFK on AM radio here and the Washington game was a blast to listen to while smoking several good cigars (Felicias Maduros :love: )

I dont just listen to radio on game day though, I love listening to radio talent. I used to work at a community radio station in Eastern Ky(on FM though) when I lived in SW Va, and I can really appreciate the amount of work that goes into a good production especially the shows that don't get to put on a song when they have run out of things to talk about :laugh:

The game isn't over yet but I think after a couple LGCs my tastebuds are maybe not as keen as they were to begin the evening, and its gotten a little colder so I may finish it out inside. But it has been a nice couple of hours.

CYG

I listen to lots of AM radio at work...Phil Hendry and then the wackos at Coast to Coast AM. Passes the night hours. :thumbs:

I listen to AM 80% of the time, mostly to those right wing wackos :). The rest of the time I listen to XM radio, usually either the right wingers or the left wingers depending on my mood, or the Old Time radio channel.
I have listened to very little music radio since 9-11, I became a news junkie at that time.

I almost always listen to AM. KMOX 1120 is available most places at night. But now that they will not have the Cardinal games next year I dunno. Thinking about getting pay radio...Yuk! The thought of paying for radio, almost as bad as paying for TV. :D

I'm kind of a "news junkie" so during my hour+ commute, I usually listen to about three local news stations in rotation, but listen to the CD player on the drive home....:p

Cheers - B.B.S.

I tried to listten to 620 am in Milwaukee (I was "selected", and if they called my name and I called within 62 minutes, I'd win something). I lasted about 2 hours before I had enough. The whole 2 hours was filled with a bunch of angry white men calling in and bi&#@ing about one thing or another.

Greetings! Yes, AM radio can provide good entertainment, although most people seem to prefer listening to FM radio nowadays. My two favorite AM radio stations have been Kerrville, TX KERV 1230 AM stereo for easy listening music, and San Antonio, TX KONO 86 AM for golden oldies. However, I do not listen to the radio very much anymore. Regards, knightlaird

A few years ago we got Don & Mike out of D.C. on an AM station here. I never missed it. The station got bought out and has changed hands several time since . .for some reason, we never got the feed again. 670KBOI does broadcast Shawn Hannity which I do enjoy, but I am usually at work w/ no radio. Other than that, we listen to the Boise State Games on KBOI w/ the sound down on the tv.

CvilleYoungGun said:
Lots of NFL fun to be had on a Sunday afternoon but if you are renting a small apartment its hard to enjoy yourself while standing at the door and smoke a cigar during the game.

My solution... Break out the alarm clock radio and put it on the AM side of the dial. We get a relay of WJFK on AM radio here and the Washington game was a blast to listen to while smoking several good cigars (Felicias Maduros :love: )

I dont just listen to radio on game day though, I love listening to radio talent. I used to work at a community radio station in Eastern Ky(on FM though) when I lived in SW Va, and I can really appreciate the amount of work that goes into a good production especially the shows that don't get to put on a song when they have run out of things to talk about :laugh:

The game isn't over yet but I think after a couple LGCs my tastebuds are maybe not as keen as they were to begin the evening, and its gotten a little colder so I may finish it out inside. But it has been a nice couple of hours.

CYG
[snapback]249396[/snapback]​

Internet radio is also a godsend for people who are far away from home and are feeling a bit home sick. One of the local FM/Internet radio stations WYSP Philly broadcasts the Eagles games... Since on Armed Forces Television we do not get a choice of what game they show... this makes it alot easier to keep up with my team.

What type of programming did the station you worked for have?

I mostly only listen to KBYR on the drive to and from work, so it's Laura Ingraham in the morning and Lars Larson in the evening. If I'm out and about on Saturday, I like to catch Gun Talk and Tradio.

I have a 20" and a great shaded patio that I usually sit and watch all day, that with a nice outside keg and a pitcher of ice makes a perfect sunday. It used to be nice in cali before the smoking ban, but now you have to improvise

Back