• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Amateur Space Enthusiast Baffles Nasa

Outstanding :thumbs: A little ingenuity will always outperform dollars thrown at a problem.

I read about this earlier today too. Amazing what one man can do with under $1000 and a whole agency can't do with less than a few million dollars.

Those are incredible pictures and an awesome project.

Let's not pretend this guy "baffled" NASA, though. The NASA official asked the same question every one of us would, I think: "how'd you do that?" What use would NASA have for random pictures taken at 30km up, anyhow?

John

Outstanding link!! Thank you! Spent about 20 mins checking that out and finding myself baffled at the fact that NASA had to ask him how he did it. Hats off to that guy!

Those are incredible pictures and an awesome project.

Let's not pretend this guy "baffled" NASA, though. The NASA official asked the same question every one of us would, I think: "how'd you do that?" What use would NASA have for random pictures taken at 30km up, anyhow?

John
...and he's not the first. Several guys have done the weather balloon / ice chest / programmable digital camera / parachute / GPS locater trick. Still, it's very cool......
cool.gif