• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ambos Mundos Robusto Sumatra

Wigwam

Banned
robusto #2

5 x 50 Robusto
Boxes of 25

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

Ambos Mundos is the newest creation from Tatuaje Cigars' Pete Johnson. Ambos Mundos uses a slightly lesser grade tobacco (usually because of blemishes, especially in the wrappers) than is used on his highly acclaimed Tatuaje and Cabaiguan cigars. These tobaccos may be a lower grade, but they pack all the taste and body you expect from a cigar created by Pete Johnson and Jose Pepin Garcia.

not a bad cheap smoke by Pete.

gallery_8907_1084_63594.jpg

I smoked the Sumatra yesterday afternoon and the Habano this morning and thoroughly enjoyed both (I'd say, of the two, I prefer the Sumatra). Both started of slightly harsh but had settled down after the first few puffs. I found the Sumatra to have a pleasant earthiness with both sweet and spicy notes throughout and an aftertaste of walnuts that lingered between draws. The draw started of a little bit loose but once the tobacco warmed up, it tightened to near-perfection with just a bit of resistance and the burn was about what one would expect from a Tatuaje--not razor-sharp but not troublesome either (as you can see in Wigwam's picture). The construction, draw, and burn of the Habano was comparable to that of the Sumatra (though, I did experience a small crack in the wrapper as I was nearing the last third. It didn't affect the cigar's smokability but I feel it is worth noting). Taste-wise, the Habano seem to be slightly more mello smoke with a strong nuttiness throughout and just the slightest bit of spice. I would definitely recommend giving these a try.