• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ambos Mundos

MandyPi

Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off n
Just picked this one up at the Big Smoke in West Palm Beach, FL. Not bad! It's got some spice to it and it also has the familiar Pete Johnson cigar flavor and aroma. The burn was a little uneven, but that’s about the only negative I could find in this cigar. I will most certainly have many more of these in the future. :thumbs:

I had one today in the sumatra wrapper. It started out a little harsh for the first 1/2 inch, but settled into a very good smoke. Very reminiscent of the red label, but at a $5 price point. I think with some down time these will be very good.

Pete has been busy this year. Thanks for the insight on the stick.

Sounds like a good smoke. But I still haven't found one :angry:

Is this Pete's "bundle" cigar? How much are these going to go for?

This is his bundle cigar, however he told us he is now planning on putting them out in boxes. There will be two sizes, a toro and a robusto. Two different wrappers, sumatra and habano. The robusto will be $5, and the toro $5.75.

This is his bundle cigar, however he told us he is now planning on putting them out in boxes. There will be two sizes, a toro and a robusto. Two different wrappers, sumatra and habano. The robusto will be $5, and the toro $5.75.

Thanks for the info! $5.75 isn't a great bargin, but who am I kidding..he'll get my $$ :whistling:

I got a little bit worried because I thought these would be released much sooner. The $5 price point is just a buck or two under the Red labels, I hope it's much more different to be worthwhile. I can't remember what the rumored price was going to be, but I thought it would be lower.

Regardless, I can't wait to try at least one of them.

My B&M got several boxes (both Sumatra and Habano) in today and I had the pleasure of smoking the first one (they actually had to unwrap and open the box for me)--a Sumatran. It true Pete Johnson fashion, the Ambos Mundos is an absolutely fantastic cigar. It is medium-full, perhaps a tiny bit towards the full end, in body with a nice earthy flavor with a hint of leather sneaking in mid-smoke, both spicy and sweet overtones throughout, and a nice walnut flavor that lingers between draws. I can't faithfully put into words how much I enjoyed this smoke so I'll let the blisters on my fingers speak for me.

Edit: Next time I'm up at my B&M, I'll pick up a few of each and do a side-by-side review.