• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ammo Box Cabinets?

Maggs44

In JR's 2004 # 3 catalog they are selling 105 Belinda cigars in a "genuine NATO ammo box that will keep your cigars (or ammo) in tip top shape for a lifetime".

It goes on to say, "smash it, bash it, submerge it in a river... nothing is gonna hurt your cigars".

If its watertight, would this subsitute for a humidor? Just put some spanish cedar in...

The offer is not on their website, but if you download their catalog you can see it.

The ones I've seen have a cedar lining and have a rubber seal on the lid that gives you a tight seal.

I used an ammo box for my humidor for over 20 years of field exercises. As long as you can fill up the space with something as you use up the cigars they will take all the abuse you can throw at them and protect your smokes as nothing else can.

CBid has them on auctionevery once in awhile. Also plain plastic boxes with no wood. I have bought 2 of the plain ammo boxes with no wood...usually around $12.