• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Amtrak Auto-Train

duglynukem

Nuclear Advocate
I have business just outside Philly for a few months, so I decided to take the train. My car is coming along too. How cool is that?

My car and I boarded in Sanford, Fl and get off in Lorton, VA 17 hours later.

Yea...it's a nice trip. My mother would drive from CT to DC and take it from there to Jacksonville (enroute to Tampa).

Enjoy Philly!

We tried it once, when I was a kid. From NY to Fla. I liked it ok, but I have always hated anything more than 30 minutes in a car!

A lot of the other trips we made to Fla were just Amtrak. That, I loved. A hell of a lot more comfortable than a car trip. Get up walk around, Meet people in the dining and lounge cars. Smoke! Drink! Meet girls!!! (that was a big deal when I stll had an overabundance of testosterone   ;) )

I was quite surprised to see this post, and that they were still doing this. I want to take my son on a train trip some day. I'm hoping it would be a fun "adventure" for a little one.

I took it once.  They say It's the only train in Amtrak's network that still has a "smoking car"....but they won't let you smoke a cigar in there.

No smoking anymore on the train. Really not a bad way to get up the east coast.

Monk, no access to the vehicle during the trip. I'm in the lounge car as we speak.