• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

An Ambar from Johnny-O...

Magnaflux777

Hi Folks,
This is my 2nd post, the first being reminded to introduce myself as I had forgotten. But again im 53 and from Arizona... Read a lot here and the knowledge thats on this site is amazing and thank all of you for your knowledge... Anyway I had the pleasure of smoking one of Johnny-O Ambar and all I can say is WOW... The construction. burn and draw are all perfect. The amount of smoke I got for an easy draw was amazing and plenty of it. It burned almost prefect throughout, a little flicker here and there but the taste eclipsed everything. I had an almond caramel type taste followed later by that omnipresent barnyard. There was a touch of spice that I couldnt figure out but it didnt matter as this was without doubt was one of the best cigars ive ever had. I havent smoked Cubans nearly as long as many of you (started in 2014, first Cuban was Behike 52 from Finest Cuban Cigars for about $33 if memory is correct? I had never tasted anything like that and have been hooked since and Johnny-O for the price cant be beat. Thank you John and everyone here as this is a place I like to come to and read all your stories because civilized conversation between fellow sophisticants who care for a drink and a Cuban seem to be less these days. Thanks to all and I hope you enjoy your Cubans in good health my friend. Take care...
MagnaFlux

Glad to hear you're enjoying those! I really like the Siglo III & IV, as you know. Hope all is well in Prescott! 👍😎

Yes the Sig 3 and 5 are absolutely amazing as well. Prescott is good just very hot this weekend like elsewhere. Take care my friend.

first Cuban was Behike 52 from Finest Cuban Cigars for about $33
Judging by the reputation of Finest Cuban Cigars.com, I would say that was not your first CC unfortunately. They're NOTORIOUS for pushing fake Cohiba, Monte, et al.

Frank...you said it all. Civilized conversation. Wow. John
By no means was it supposed to come off as a 'rude' or 'snobbish' comment. If it was taken that way I apologize. I was simply making sure that any 'new to Cubans' smokers didn't see his glowing assessment of a cigar from a grey market vendor that has repeatedly pushed fakes, and in turn drive more business to them. I just assume see you get the business John rather than those snakes over at Finest Cuban Cigars. 😜

Hi Folks,
This is my 2nd post, the first being reminded to introduce myself as I had forgotten. But again im 53 and from Arizona... Read a lot here and the knowledge thats on this site is amazing and thank all of you for your knowledge... Anyway I had the pleasure of smoking one of Johnny-O Ambar and all I can say is WOW... The construction. burn and draw are all perfect. The amount of smoke I got for an easy draw was amazing and plenty of it. It burned almost prefect throughout, a little flicker here and there but the taste eclipsed everything. I had an almond caramel type taste followed later by that omnipresent barnyard. There was a touch of spice that I couldnt figure out but it didnt matter as this was without doubt was one of the best cigars ive ever had. I havent smoked Cubans nearly as long as many of you (started in 2014, first Cuban was Behike 52 from Finest Cuban Cigars for about $33 if memory is correct? I had never tasted anything like that and have been hooked since and Johnny-O for the price cant be beat. Thank you John and everyone here as this is a place I like to come to and read all your stories because civilized conversation between fellow sophisticants who care for a drink and a Cuban seem to be less these days. Thanks to all and I hope you enjoy your Cubans in good health my friend. Take care...
MagnaFlux
I wanna see a picture of the Ambar!

Managed to get a bundle and absolutely love them. Even young they’re addicting.

The Ambar I received have some really nice oil pockets for some amazing flavors. Johnny O for the win.
Same. Love the size too. I honestly haven’t the slightest clue how he produces such flavorful, sweet and aromatic cigars at such a young age. But they’re all awesome.

If you enjoy the flavors on the Ambar give the Victoria a go. His Victoria 55th anniversary cigar is amazing.

DoubleShot the Ambar from Johnny is one of the best cigars ive ever had. Its hard to keep those stored away and not smoke one frequently but you know that. The other cigar Johnny has that i have to restrain from is the Topes. If you get a chance to get some of those grab em. I have about 15 and im gonna have one on our Saturday morning walk. Take care and enjoy the flavor bomb in good health...