• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

An American Hero is dead

DeputyDawg

Old Sheepdog
Don't know if you guys follow this type of thing but former SEAL Chris Kyle was murdered in Texas yesterday afternoon.

Details are spare but apparently he and another man were killed at a shooting range while attending a fund raiser for a soldier suffering from PTSD.

He wrote a book called "American Sniper" and had 150 plus confirmed kills on the battlefield.

So sorry to hear of this, he was only 38 years of age.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/03/navy-seal-chris-kyle-fatally-shot-at-texas-shooting-range-report-says/

Something strange is going on there but I guess you can't be on gaurd 24/7. RIP. 

I read about it and many have posted of it on Facebook.  Very sad.  Anywhere post anything on what the motive was?  I can't find anything that even speculates why.

I have not yet heard of a motive but have heard that law enforcement has a 25 YOA male in custody at this time.

They have not provided many details yet.

Damn, that sucks. I've heard him interviewed and he was a humble man who loved his country.

thinde said:
Something strange is going on there but I guess you can't be on gaurd 24/7. RIP. 
I heard about this today & agree... Something is very strange about several deaths lately.
Respect & RIP!!

Sadly this happened about sixty miles from me. The town of Glenn Rose is lovely, old trees, green, just a nice place. It has a dinosaur park with footprints in the rock etc. I did not know who he was until I looked him up and then, oh wow. He had a job most people would not want and he was good at it. Tough shit for the bad guys.

RIP Chris, go hang out with Duke.

Wow.  That's hard to believe.  I read his book, and the stuff he was doing was amazing.

RIP.

Definitely a sad day. I'm in the middle of his book right now.

Police have a suspect in custody, Eddie Ray Routh, and he is being held on two counts of murder with the second victim named as Chad Littlefeld. This thing is so bizarre, I'm hoping we'll know more about the motive and whatnot behind this.

Rest in peace brother, you served well. My heart goes out to his family. This stuff makes me crazy. I see it happen with my brothers in law enforcement. Serve 25-30 years through gunfire and shootouts, retire, and 6 months later get hit by a stray bullet from a drive by. So messed up.

Very sad indeed I just showed this to the wife and she reminded me he was on a show called "Stars Earn Stripes". What a tragedy who would do such a thing to such a hero.

A damn shame.  I plan to read his book very soon.  RIP.

Yep. Apparently he was murdered by a fellow veteran, who he was actually trying to help cope with PTSD. Insane. Completely fucked up.

The former Marine that is charged with Chris' murder is being a real asshole in jail. They have had to taze him a couple of times and

place him in a restraint device as well as putting him under suicide watch.

Going to get Chris' book "American Sniper from my son and read it to get a little more insight into the man.

He survives 4 tours in Irag and Afghanistan and comes home to be murdered. A sad day for sure.

And then politicians who don't know squat about the military have to open their mouths and chime in.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/06/ron-paul-clarifies-comments-on-death-navy-seal-member/