• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

An interesting pick-up..

Izzypizzy

Was visiting with my Godfather last night, he invited my wife and I over to watch some Marx Brothers movies :thumbs: . He doesn't smoke, but when he found out that I do, he pulled out this beautiful humidor which was gifted to him by Burt Reynolds. My eyes lit up!

It was filled with all sorts of cool stuff, unfortunately it was not kept humidified throughout the years (10+)

He gave it to me since he had no use for it, it's very small, but I plan on seasoning it since it really is a nice piece.

Inside the humidor I found an Opus X maduro(correct me if I'm wrong *pics below*), an odd schwarzenneger cigar from Daniel Marshall and a handful of Burt Reynold branded cigars.

Anyways, the first thing I could think of was sharing it with you guys! Onto the pics..

_MG_8086.jpg

_MG_8087.jpg

_MG_8088.jpg

Underneath the humi

_MG_8097.jpg

The Burt Reynolds branded cigars

_MG_8102.jpg

Card from Burt

_MG_8103.jpg

Back of the card

_MG_8104.jpg

The logo used on Burt's cigars, also found on the back of the card

_MG_8096.jpg

Schwarzenneger cigar

_MG_8091.jpg

Opus X Maduro, hard as a friggin rock *sigh*

_MG_8092.jpg

Really wish it was salvageable! (It's not, right? :whistling: )

Hope you guys enjoyed the read & the pics :)

Thanks for taking the time to look!

Wow, and you have the provenance to boot! What a hell of a gift!
Keep track of that info.
I'm glad you decided to share. I just love this "stuff".
I have a pretty regular habit of searching the Bay of E for hidden gems.
As far as the cigar(s) I don't have a clue. It would be nice if you knew how long ago
he acquired the Humis, and the other cigars.
I'm happy for you. :thumbs:

edit to add: I just remembered that when I was fairly young, Burt Reynolds stopped
and help a female friend of mine who had a flat tire. Went way out of his way to make
sure she was road worthy. He had property in the Ocala/Gainesville Fla. area.
She said he was going to buy a satellite dish from the local manufacturer.
So, a hell of a nice guy to boot.

1) None of those cigars are salvageable... 10 years without humidification, forget about it

2) That card actually isn't hand-written from Burt -- it's a script computer typeface

3) Yes, that is an Opus X Maduro xXx (or was, anyway)... Opus X Maduros have not really been around for 10 years tho... it might be more recent (but still junked)

1) None of those cigars are salvageable... 10 years without humidification, forget about it

2) That card actually isn't hand-written from Burt -- it's a script computer typeface

3) Yes, that is an Opus X Maduro xXx (or was, anyway)... Opus X Maduros have not really been around for 10 years tho... it might be more recent (but still junked)

Figured as much, he said he's had the humi for about 10 years, he wasn't sure when he received the opus, but it is hard as a rock :(

Thanks for the info regarding the card, I didn't properly examine it, but I see that now.

And thanks for the responses guys, I'm happy to have something like this to be able to share.

I've been trying to find info regarding the cigars, but turned up nada. Guess the whole venture didn't last long.

From what I hear Burt is a very nice guy, so your story doesn't surprise me Monk.

That is so cool, regardless if the cigars are toast or not.

Great pictures and thanks for sharing!

Very cool & thanks for the share. I have some odd smoking ephemora from my grandfather, not as cool as yours though; I gotta take some pics and post.