• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

an old late night custom returns

hoshnasi

Hobbling hero
the knife show is like QVC for knives. Back when I used to watch all the knives looked cheap and came from a place called Frost Cutlery. what was great is they would show a wood block on a turn table and they would then start throwing knives on the wood to sweeten the pot to milk your $59.95. Now however being the first time I have seen this show on my cable the wood block is gone. The custom sheaths are missing and the complimentary katana is exstinct. Now the closest I get is what is called the "tactical launch" for 35.95 for five knives.

The showmanship is lost and I am sad. Did anyone else watch the knife show back in day when they were so excited falling all over them selves throwing in blades? I miss it on drunken evenings.

Ha the ole' knife show, I used to watch that all the time. I never quite pulled the trigger and ordered anything though. It was entertaining ! :thumbs:

I've never seen the show but I do own a few knives from Frost Cutlery. I knew what I was getting when I ordered so I was happy, but they make some very low quality knives.

As far as knives go I believe quality is very important. For day to day carry I have a case trapper, this knife will outlast me. I do have a drawer with a number of knives varying from good quality to crap. I reach into this drawer from time to time if I don't want to take my case with me. I have a number of knives that cost between $1 and $1.50 that I couldn't care less if I chip the blade or loose the knife. If I think there is a chance something could happen to my knife on a given day I use one of those.

Frost Cutlery is about a half step above my crap knives. That being said I do use them from time to time.

I'll never forget the time I was watching and one of the hosts said " you got to believe this deal is unbelievable !"