• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejo #48

Leon

While visiting a friend, I decided to stop by his local B&M in search of some sharks. The owner said he only had a few #48's left for 15$ each. I purchased 3, since I never smoked an anejo I figured 48's are better then no anejo. Now my question and whole reason for this thread is, did I over pay or is the price fairly close to msrp+taxes? I know at this point it really doesn't matter as it is a done deal and I will enjoy the sticks regardless. I am just curious due to the fact that I visit the area often and want to know if I can trust this B&M's prices since I am still a noob. Thanks in advance!

While visiting a friend, I decided to stop by his local B&M in search of some sharks. The owner said he only had a few #48's left for 15$ each. I purchased 3, since I never smoked an anejo I figured 48's are better then no anejo. Now my question and whole reason for this thread is, did I over pay or is the price fairly close to msrp+taxes? I know at this point it really doesn't matter as it is a done deal and I will enjoy the sticks regardless. I am just curious due to the fact that I visit the area often and want to know if I can trust this B&M's prices since I am still a noob. Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure MSRP on 48s is $9.75.

Reference www.gartrader.com (the old vitolas.net) for all anejo/opus MSRPs

Thanks Moki!!!!!

Yes, according to gartrader, MSRP is $9.75. And from what I can find online, New Mexico state tax is "25% of the Wholesale Price." Did you overpay? That's for you to decide.

I'm pretty sure MSRP on 48s is $9.75.

Reference www.gartrader.com (the old vitolas.net) for all anejo/opus MSRPs

Thanks Moki!!!!!

Thanks alot for the reference source. I spent hours searching for the msrp last night and all the sites I found had numbers from $4-$30.

Yes, according to gartrader, MSRP is $9.75. And from what I can find online, New Mexico state tax is "25% of the Wholesale Price." Did you overpay? That's for you to decide.

Guess I will have to wait until Xmas(family herf) to figure out if I overpaid!

Thanks again.

You technically overpaid, but not really by that much. If you enjoy them as many do, you will be happy to have them. Then you can start finding them for closer to MSRP if you so desire. If you don't like them, well then you won't have to join the chase. I somehow think you will be hunting for more though.

Well, having bought two set of anjeo, the thing that does count is they are so darn good. I just smoked a 46 today, dark as black dirt and took it right to the nub. Enjoy.

Something else you have to take into account - does the shop offer anything else? For example, is there a lounge there that's open to the public? If there is, it's worth it to me, personally, if I spend a little more on sticks there because I have somewhere indoors I can smoke.

For Opus and Anejo I kinda consider $10-$15 in the right price range. Sure it's a little over MSRP but I enjoy them and since I can't walk in and buy them year round I don't mind paying a small premium on them.

In terms of Opus and Anejo in NYC...you will easily pay double MSRP if not more. So by my standards, you got a good deal.

Walking in to a B&M and finding those for $15 is pretty much par for the course and I'd pay that easily. You've traded $5 (x3) for leg work... time spent searching and researching... shipping... waiting... calling... emailing... etc. for the luxury of walking in to a shop, throwing down some coin and walking out with them.

Incidently, I've seen them in B&M's go for more than that.

I say enjoy em!

I just paid 13.00 for a stick and wouldn't have blinked at 15.00. Supply and demand...The Anejo are hard to come by in The Buffalo area and I love those cigars so I just enjoy.