• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejo 77 question

King

How can I tell if my Anejo sharks are from the first production or the second?
Are the cigars or box marked different?
Thanks

King said:
How can I tell if my Anejo sharks are from the first production or the second?
Are the cigars or box marked different?
Thanks
The first production Sharks are *extremely* dark

You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the box or the cigars as the Anejo No. 77 Sharks all look alike. They're all in cello and have the red ribbon on the foot. These were first released in 2001 however the other Anejo sizes were first released in 2000 (the 46, 48, 49, 50 & 55). The original released Anejos have the "white" Fuente band but they didn't have the cedar wraps... all subsequent releases of Anejos have cedar on them but in the case of the Sharks... they have never had cedar on them at all.

The only way you might be able to determine the age of the Sharks would be by the degree of yellow on the cello but even that wouldn't be reliable. You'd probably have to trust your source and hope that they're honest. As for the original release Sharks being "dark"... it's a moot point as original released Sharks and subsequent releases of Sharks run the gamut of shades of darkness in the maduro wrappers.

Aloha,

Wade

Mmmmmm....Anejos....<drool>

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

Are there any box codes or dates that would reveal production run?

King said:
Are there any box codes or dates that would reveal production run?
I know that the Hemingway Boxes are dated on th inside with the smokes......

Nope I don't think they are dated, I looked all over my anejo box and couldnt find one.

My .02 would be just don't buy them off of yahoo ar from a real new guy who claims to know.

Other than that, I would just post an ISO thread or try and work out a trade with one of the long standing folks here at CP!

Good luck bro!

Phil

an FYI the 03 sharks KICK ASS!!!! and are relitively easy to get. ;)

wk-mang said:
As for the original release Sharks being "dark"... it's a moot point as original released Sharks and subsequent releases of Sharks run the gamut of shades of darkness in the maduro wrappers.
Yeah I've noticed that in the other sharks I have, but the one I have which is an original release is waaay darker than any of them. Must just be the luck of the draw.

moki said:
wk-mang said:
As for the original release Sharks being "dark"... it's a moot point as original released Sharks and subsequent releases of Sharks run the gamut of shades of darkness in the maduro wrappers.
Yeah I've noticed that in the other sharks I have, but the one I have which is an original release is waaay darker than any of them. Must just be the luck of the draw.
LOL!

You don't have them with the REST of your sharks do you???

Cause you might mix up which one it is and confuse the OG for an 03!!!

That would be TFF bro!

Phil

Phil said:
You don't have them with the REST of your sharks do you???

Cause you might mix up which one it is and confuse the OG for an 03!!!

That would be TFF bro!
heh -- I do, but there's almost no way I could get it confused, it looks like an oscuro wrapper, it's so dark.