• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejo Sharks

Guitar_Gatler

The Dude
This might be a bit of a taboo thing to do on the forum but can anyone let me know what the going rate for a box of sharks is and where to get em?

Sharks in a box. :thumbs:

No, Seriously. The going rate will usually vary from state to state, might want to check the Anejo reference thread for the msrp and then estimate the price increase in relation to your state's tobacco and sales tax. As to where to get them.... beats me.

They are really hard to come by right now. There was to be a shipment in June, but according to my B&M nothing was shipped. Hopefully around xmas there will be some to be had.

Look to November or very early December for the Sharks to hit the retailers. One B&M that I frequent said the Fuente rep said the each store is only getting 1 box and it will be whatever size they put in the allotment. Don't know if this story holds any water, but it's the response I received when I asked.

Stinki

I don't chase Fuente cigars anymore. I'm quite sick of their game. They make wonderful cigars, but I'm no longer going be a sucker for their marketing division. There are other makers of cigars who are far more deserving of my trade.

Doc.

I have several boxes of sharks I am willing to trade.

thumb_005-092.jpg

Contact me via PM if interested!

I don't chase Fuente cigars anymore. I'm quite sick of their game. They make wonderful cigars, but I'm no longer going be a sucker for their marketing division. There are other makers of cigars who are far more deserving of my trade.

Doc.
I agree doc. Don't get me wrong I like AF but I am happy with Don Carlos or Hemingway's. I can't see paying way above retail for sharks. Just my opinion, some people like the thrill of the chase and finding. I am just too busy.

Doc.
I don't chase Anejos anymore. Anejo 46s are my absolute, numero uno favorite cigar. When I happen upon them it's a very pleasant surprise, but I just can't take to chasing them. I just savor the few I've got and hope someday I'll see some to pick up somewhere. But I won't search them out.

There are other cigars I like almost as much that are readily available. That makes the Anejos even more of a treat!

I'll keep my eyes peeled down river. One of the B&M's I used to visit gets them in. They were selling them last year for under $11.00 a stick. This year I am buying a box just to trade and gift to you guys. :laugh: I had one left but sent out in a bomb soon to hit its target. :D

Doc.

X2! Doc, that is why I am making my way to the dark side again slowly. Padron has always been reasonably priced and readily available Pete and Pepin have been covering the Fuente shortage quite well. I suggest that the Fuente's look to step up their production and distribution, before they loose some followers.

Doc.
On the money, Doc. If money and availability weren't an issue, I'd probably smoke #48's and #49's every day. Sadly they require too much chasing and a "secret handshake" to acquire in any quantity decent enough to put into the cabinet. I got a box of sharks last Christmas that turned to funk with blue mold within a couple of months.

Between the wonderful smokes that Padron and Pepin have, which can be bought regularly, I'm a very happy guy.

Are they wonderful smokes......absolutely. Are they worth the "chase"....perhaps not.

My $00.02 - B.B.S.

The reason I ask is because the shark was probably one of my favorite cigars, if not the top of my list, and I was lucky enough to be able to get the last couple at a local B&M for MSRP a couple years back. I agree on the general consensus about them being hard to find and it almost not being worth it...but what others could you guys recommend that are similar if not better for the same price or cheaper(readily available that is)? I'm usually a pretty poor guy so the cheaper the better(although I know when it comes to quality like that sometimes you gotta pay).

It takes work to build a network of suppliers that'll sell you enough to get your inventory built up, but once that's in place, it ain't no biggie to stay supplied in Opus, and to some degree, Anejo, but to me, it's worth the work, i absolutely love Opies and Anejos. Now the really HTF Fuente stuff is a pain in the butt to find, and i'm working w/ intense psychotherapy and tons of Lithium, Prozac, and Halcion to help me get over the obsession ;)

I'm with you on this Gator. I love both those smokes and don't mind hunting them down.

Stink

I got a box of sharks last Christmas that turned to funk with blue mold within a couple of months.

I had the same thing happen with the box of sharks I snagged around christmas last year. Most of them were already gone by then... but I ended up trashing a few due to mold. :(

I can definitely see where you guys are coming from, and the mold issue of 2006 was pretty damn ridiculous. For me the fact that they only come out once or twice a year and they are so damn tasty make it like a holiday treat and something I look forward to every winter. The hardest part is shutting down the spending for 3-4 months in advance so when they do hit I can buy all I can handle. :sign:

The Sharks usually show up as was said earlier in Nov and Dec.....last year they showed up in the stores in Texas around Dec 12th. The year before it was like Dec 20th. They are limited and come out at the end of the year.

botl gifted me with a shark last week damn thing contaminated my cabinet with mold.