• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anniversary Contest

PhatCat

So yesterday was my 2 year CP anniversary and last Tuesday (Sep 14) was my 8th wedding anniversary.

I don't have an overly complex or intricate contest to celebrate these events but I'll do something that is just a bit more fun than simply being the first to reply to this thread.

I've learned so much in the last 2 years about cigars, it's just incredible. At first, my wife was less than impressed with my new "hobby." But on the other hand, for my birthday she noticed a Vinotemp 28 bottle on closeout at Target and she bought it for me for $99. So she must not mind that much. Or at least she loves me in spite of it.

So, needless to say, she's a heck of a woman. She gave birth to the three best things I've ever had a part in creating. I'm truly a blessed man. :love:

Back to the contest: We got married September 14, 2002 and for our honeymoon we visited a place that neither of us had been before. If anyone can guess where we went you'll win a fiver from me.

Bonus points: Our honeymoon had two parts. We stayed 5 days in the first location and then drove to the second location for 4 days. If you can guess both, I'll throw in a little something extra for the effort. The second part was an easy drive from the first location.

Guess as often as you like. First person to guess correctly in this thread (no PM's) wins. I'll drop some hints if people aren't getting close.

Usual CP rules for contests apply. No asshats, etc. But new members are more than welcome. I don't care if you just joined yesterday.

Thanks to Rod and all CP members for sharing your knowledge with me over these last 2 years. I've gotten to know a few of you online and hope to meet a few more of you in person in the future.

Bill

ps. Hint #1: Our honeymoon was in North America.

Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon?

Thanks for the contest and congrats on the Anniversaries!

I'll bite. Seattle --> Vancouver

I went there several years ago and really enjoyed it. Congrats!

Allen

Congratz on both milestones!

Vegas then drive to the Grand Canyon. :thumbs:

I will guess Disney World and Daytona beach!
Congrats on both annis. My wedding is 12 days away!

Los Angeles and Palm Springs.

Congrats on the anniversary.

How about NYC or Washington DC

Hold the phone! Nash, we have a winner! You got the first part right. We flew into NYC and stayed 5 days at the New York Hilton. Saw Les Meserable on broadway, met Rupert at the Hello Deli and was amazed and silenced down at ground zero. Hung out in Central Park and overall had a blast in NYC.

Now, for the bonus! Where did we drive from NYC and spend the rest of the trip?

Hint: Someone else mentioned it in another post. (in other words, even if you get it wrong, I'll still send you the bonus.)

Sorry this contest was pretty much over so fast but glad to have a few responses. You guys are just too good.

Thanks everyone!
:thumbs:

Cape Cod...other place I would guess would be Niagra Falls.

^^ Niagra Falls is a good guess Loren.. I didn't even think of that!

Ha! You guys are too darn fast. :laugh:

I meant to have Nashkicker respond to the bonus part. But the rest of you are such good helpers.

Cape Cod was our destination. Didn't have time for Boston but if we had a few more days we probably would have. Technically we also spent a night and day on Martha's Vinyard at the very end.

I think we both agreed that if we were to move away from our families, we'd move out to New England. The cape was just incredible. The seafood was exceptional.

Here's what I'll do:

Nashkicker gets the main prize. Send me your address, man and I'll see if I can get you something before that wedding of yours.

But Brian (BR174) was the first to mention Cape Cod so I'll send you a little something as well.

Thanks guys. I'm just happy to be here.

Bill

^^ Niagra Falls is a good guess Loren.. I didn't even think of that!

He said in one post he went to Martha's Vineyard but I didn't see the contest till I post. Which it was over before it started. :p